Make your money go further.
Save money with Student Tickets
Cut the cost of travel at university or college with our money-saving student saver tickets. Get your Arriva bus pass to travel on our UK bus routes which offer cheap, reliable and quick connections between campuses, accommodation hubs and city centres.
Our Student tickets are for anyone in post-16 full time education with a valid student ID.
- Discounted fares
- Unlimited travel on all Arriva services (except where stated) in the specified zones all day, every day
- A choice of tickets including Day, Weekly and specific term and academic year tickets
How to buy student bus tickets
- Tickets can be purchased on our website and app
- There's the option to spread the cost of annual tickets by paying monthly by Direct Debit - find out more here
- You can even buy tickets online as a Smartcard
Plus, you can make payment simple by spreading the cost over monthly installments by Direct Debit.
Great value on single journeys for Students
West Yorkshire - All single bus journeys are £2 max (find the ticket under the Yorkshire zone on the app)
Everywhere else! - All single bus journeys are £2 max ‘til 31 Dec (check out exclusions list here)
Buy your tickets on board or on the Arriva UK Bus app.
Tyne and Wear, Durham and Northumberland County Council areas – all single journeys are £1 max and just £3 all day for 21 and under*. Bring your ID to buy on bus with cash or contactless or find out more here
* Exclusions include X75/X76 Snow Hall, 1/X1 Red House Farm, 5/5a/7/8/X21/ED5 Stainton Lane End, Services X12/X22 Thorpes Leases and 23/24 Crimdon Dean
Not sure which zone you need?
Use our University & College Finder to find the best student ticket option for you.
Our Partner Universities
We work with some of the UK's leading universities to offer prompt and efficient bus services and significant travel discounts to students and university staff.
Direct Debit Terms and Conditions
- Direct debit payments are taken on the 1st or 15th of each month, dependent on date of application
- For payments on the 1st your tickets will be dispatched thereafter and commence on 12th of the month
- For payments on the 15th your tickets will be dispatched thereafter and commence on 27th of each month
- Dependent on your payment date your monthly ticket will expire at midnight on the 11th or 26th of the following month
- Your next ticket will automatically be sent directly to your home or registered m-ticket app every month before the current expire, as long as your DD remains active
- Your payment will remain the same each month unless we notify otherwise
- Annual tickets paid via direct debit form a rolling contract, these tickets will not expire until instructed to do so via your bank.
- This scheme is valid for passengers travelling on Arriva buses, and tickets are valid in the zone chosen only
- If your direct debit fails or is cancelled, you will not receive your ticket for the following month
- Please report lost tickets to [email protected] immediately, a replacement ticket will be sent to you and a fee of £25 will be added to your next direct debit
- Tickets are valid for students in full time education (school, 6th form, college, university, etc).
- Tickets are valid on any Arriva bus in the stated zone with no time or day restrictions.
- Parents or guardians can set up the Direct Debit on behalf of the student (please enter the student's name in the relevant field for the direct debit mandate).
- You will be notified if the price increases or decreases, in line with the annual ticket pricing.
- No refunds will be given
- If you need to cancel your direct debit, please cancel it directly with your bank - they will normally require 7-10 working days to process a cancellation. Please note that any payments taken within this cancellation timeframe are not eligible to be refunded.
- Arriva will not accept responsibility for cancelling direct debits
- Cancellation of your direct debit requires 7 to 10 working days’ notice with your bank
- If your payment is due to be taken within the required notice period (and you have requested your direct debit to be cancelled too late), your ticket will still be sent to you and cannot be refunded
- We do not accept used/unused/unwanted tickets
Plan my journey
Find my bus
Looking for school bus tickets?
Find out more about the range of Saver tickets we offer for school children.