We offer a range of multi-operator tickets for passengers who need to travel on a variety of different operator's services, this includes other bus operators, as well as train companies.
Our multi-operator tickets are a great way to save money. Buy one ticket and switch between buses and trains on a select number of services in Essex, the North East and the Midlands.
Tickets can be bought online, in the Arriva Bus UK App as an m-ticket or on the bus using cash or contactless payment.
Multi-operator tickets in your region
Find a region below to see what multi-operator tickets are available for you.
The Colchester Boroughcard Inner and Outer range of multi-operator tickets are available for a range of ticket types.
- The ticket range includes new Adult Day, Child Day, Child weekly, Child 4-weekly and Family Day (2 Adult +3 Child) tickets.
- All tickets are available to purchase as mobile tickets, with Weekly, 4-Weekly, Quarterly and Annual tickets available to purchase in our travel office.
- Day and Weekly tickets are also be available to purchase on the bus.
- The Day ticket replaces the existing arrangement whereby First and Arriva Colchester Day tickets are currently accepted for travel on both operators’ services.
Southend - Octopus Tickets
With an Octopus ticket you can travel on any local bus service in the Southend, Rochford and Castle Point districts, whether it's provided by Arriva, First, Stephensons or NIBS.
That's an area bounded by the River Crouch in the north, the coast to the east and the south and at Sadlers Farm Roundabout and Carpenter's Arms in the west.
Where to buy
From the bus driver
From the bus driver
From the bus driver
Southend Travel Centre
Octopus tickets are valid on any local bus journey starting and finishing in the area stated on the pass, until midnight on the date of expiry. Any misuse of this pass will result in the ticket being withdrawn and may lead to prosecution. All tickets are issued subject to conditions of carriage, available at company offices.
Octopus tickets are not accepted on Stephensons bus services 500-599, 725, 800-899 or X30.
Leicester Flexi Tickets
Flexi Tickets are currently only available in Leicester. Bus operators participating in the Flexi scheme are Arriva, First, Centrebus, Hinckleybus, Kinchbus and Stagecoach.
The Flexi ticket allows unlimited travel across the participating operators in the Flexi zone.
Flexi Tickets can be bought on the bus:
Network West Midlands
Network West Midlands & Swift tickets are available to purchase and use on any Arriva bus in the Network West Midlands Zone.
You can find out more information on Network West Midlands as well as pricing and ticket types by clicking here.
Derby - Spectrum
Spectrum is the all day multi-operator bus travel smart-ticket for Derby, available on most Arriva, Trent Barton, Your Bus, Kinch Buses and Notts and Derby services within the Derby city area.
- Smart Cards are available from the bus station information office which is open from 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday and from 8.30am to 1.00pm on Saturday.
- Once you have purchased a Spectrum card you can top up on participating bus services. Paper tickets are NOT available.
Explorer North East
Explorer tickets offer a great value way to see the whole of the North East, including the Scottish Borders, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire. You can purchase your tickets on the bus from any of the below bus operators.
These tickets allow unlimited travel throughout the North East on Arriva, Stagecoach and Go North East buses, as well as Tyne & Wear Metro, Shields Ferry and National Rail trains between Blaydon and Sunderland.
Family (1 or 2 adults & up to 3 children)
Explorer North East tickets are valid all day on the following services:
- All Arriva North East buses, except Dalesbus, Moorsbus & Whitby Park and Ride
- All Go North East buses, except the AD122
- All Stagecoach North East buses
- Stagecoach in Cumbria service 685
- All Weardale Motor Services buses, except the X21 between Stanhope and Newcastle
- All Travelsure buses
- The Tyne & Wear Metro
- The Shields Ferry
- National Rail trains between Blaydon and Sunderland
North East - Discover North Northumberland
Explore the Northumberland coast and countryside with unlimited travel for one day, three consecutive days or a week on Arriva North East, Glen Valley, Travelsure and Borders Buses services around Alnwick, Amble, Berwick and Wooler.
You can buy and use Discover North Northumberland tickets on the following services:
- Arriva X15 between Shilbottle and Berwick
- Arriva X18 between Amble (Gloster Park) and Berwick
- Arriva X20 between Amble (Percy Drive) and Alnwick
- Borders Buses 267 and 464 between Berwick and Wooler
- Glen Valley 470 and 473 between Alnwick and Wooler
- Travelsure 418 between Alnwick and Belford
- Travelsure T1 between Amble and Alnwick (Barresdale)
Tickets are valid all day every day on these routes. However, they cannot be used on any other services, including the Borders Buses 477 between Beal and Holy Island.
North East - Network One Day Rover
Network One has a range of tickets offering unlimited travel on most buses, the Metro, Shields Ferry and National Rail trains in Tyne & Wear.
Family (1 or 2 adults & up to 3 children)
Find out more about Network One ticket here
Tyne & Wear - Transfare
Transfares are a great way to save money on one-off journeys that involve two types of transport (bus, Metro, Shields Ferry or National Rail train) in Tyne & Wear.
- Buy Transfares on any Arriva, Stagecoach or Go North East bus in Tyne & Wear, at any Metro station ticket machine or on the Shields Ferry.
- You can make one change in your journey, but you must start the second leg within 90 minutes of buying your ticket.
- You can’t make two bus journeys with the same ticket.
- There are five Transfare zones and the price you pay depends on the number you travel through.
North East - Teesside Tripper
The Teesside Tripper offers unlimited travel for one day on all Arriva North East and Stagecoach buses around Teesside.
- Tickets are available to buy on all Arriva North East and Stagecoach buses, and are valid throughout our Teesside Zone.
- The boundaries are Longnewton, Thorpe Larches, Greatham Creek, Swans Corner, Grangetown and South Lackenby.
- Tickets can be bought ON BUS only
*Family tickets are for a minimum of one adult and one child, and a maximum of two adults and three children travelling together.
North East - North East SmartZones
Brought to you as a Smartcard, these Weekly or 4-Weekly tickets allow unlimited travel at any time of the day on Arriva North East, Go North East and Stagecoach buses in the North East SmartZone.
These Smartcards offer unlimited travel for one week or four weeks on all Arriva North East, Go North East and Stagecoach buses in the Tees Valley or Tyne & Wear.
Tyne & Wear
View map of the TeesRider SmartZone here
- To get your Connect Smartcard register and purchase your first North East Smartzone product. Your Connect card will be delivered with your first purchase within 5 working days
- Once you've received your Connect card you can purchase further North East Smartzone product online, these are collected on the bus (please allow up to 48 hours for collection, this must be an Arriva bus for your first journey).
- You can then top up online or on the bus
Luton - HipHop
HipHop tickets give you unlimited travel on any Arriva, Centrebus and Grant Palmer service within Luton and Dunstable. The tickets are only available to buy on bus.
Plusbus is a travelcard that you buy with your train ticket online or at any railway station ticket office. It gives you unlimited bus travel in the area around your station before and/or after a train journey.
You can buy Plusbus with both ‘advance’ and ‘walk-on’ train fares, including singles, returns and season tickets. Plusbus travelcards are available for one-day, seven days or longer if you have a season ticket.