Take the bus to the station, catch the train, and hop on a bus at the other end
Travelling by train but also need to catch a bus to and from the station? PLUSBUS has got you covered.
PLUSBUS passes are available across 290 towns and cities in the UK and allow for end to end travel on trains and buses. Passes can be bought alongside train tickets and will ensure you have unlimited bus travel within your selected urban zone and all the tickets you need for a hassle free journey.
Take the bus to the station, catch the train, and hop on a bus at the other end all with a PLUSBUS pass.
How to buy your PLUSBUS ticket
Buy your PLUSBUS ticket at the same time as your train ticket at the station, over the phone or online in one easy purchase.
It can save you money and is more convenient than buying separate tickets.
PLUSBUS can be added to most types of walk up and Advance train tickets including:
- Day Returns
- Period Returns
- Season tickets for set periods to match your train season tickets including:
- 7 days
- 1 month
- 3 months
- 1 year
Prices start from £2.50 a day and you can buy PLUSBUS tickets at:
- train station ticket offices
- self-service ticket machines (at selected stations only)
- by phone with some Train Company telesales teams
PLUSBUS City and Town Maps
Find out if you can buy a PLUSBUS ticket for your chosen destination.
Click on the link below to find out exactly where you can travel in each participating town or city.
- Railcard holders (like students) get 33% off PLUSBUS day ticket prices. Children under 16 get 50% off.
- PLUSBUS tickets are offered automatically by the rail ticket website (after you've selected your train tickets) in stage 3 'Choose seats & travel options'.
- PLUSBUS tickets can't be bought online on their own (they have to be bought with a train ticket).
- If you want bus travel to start your journey then you must choose to have your tickets posted to you (allow up to 5 days for delivery) or select a guaranteed next day delivery (a charge may apply).
- You must show the actual PLUSBUS ticket to the bus driver (the booking confirmation will not be acceptable).
- For comprehensive PLUSBUS information, including checking participating bus operators in each town, visit www.plusbus.info
- For bus timetable and route information visit www.traveline.info or call 0871 200 22 33