Changes to services in the Selby and Doncaster area from 10th April
Start Date: 10/04/2017
Changes to Arriva services in the Selby, Goole, Doncaster and York areas from Monday 10th April.
We are making a number of changes to our services in Selby, Doncaster and the surrounding areas from Monday 10th April.
Some minor changes will be made to the weekday timetable of this service, with some trips retimed or no longer operating:
- The 12:48 weekday trip from Selby to Hemingbrough will run at 12:35.
- The 13:10 weekday trip from Hemingbrough to Selby will run at 12:57.
- The 14:30 weekday trip from Selby to Hemingbrough will no longer operate.
Following positive customer feedback about the new morning service X4, an afternoon journey will be introduced.
This college days only bus will leave Selby Bus Station at 16:35, Selby College at 16:43 and arrive in Goole at 17:32
The weekday 08:41 service 7 from Thorpe Willoughby to Selby will be withdrawn.
Sunday journeys on services 6 and 7 which were introduced as a trial in May 2016 will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.
Most weekday afternoon trips on services 6 and 7 will run 5 minutes later.
The weekday 18:34 trip from Selby and all Saturday journeys will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.
There will be some minor changes to the weekday timetable on these services:
- The 09:10 401 from Selby will now leave at 09:15 and operate 5 minutes later throughout.
- The 09:15 401 from Goole will now leave at 09:10 and operate 5 minutes earlier throughout.
- The 10:00 401 from Goole will now leave at 10:05 and operate 5 minutes later throughout.
- The 16:20 401 service from Selby will now leave at 16:30 on college days and operate via Selby College. On college holidays it will leave Selby at 16:35 and not serve the college.
- The 16:35 college days only service 400 will be withdrawn and replaced by a new journey on service X4 – please see above
- The 17:05 401 from Goole will now leave at 17:25 and operate 20 minutes later throughout.
Evening and early morning 407 journeys will be re-numbered 405 and will continue to run via the Westbourne Road.
Monday to Saturday X45 journeys at 19:40 from Selby and 20:45 from Doncaster will be withdrawn due to declining passenger numbers.
Service X45 will no longer operate on Sundays due to declining passenger numbers.
As an alternative, X45 customers in the Askern and Norton areas can use services 409 and 412 on journeys towards Doncaster.
Evening 416 journeys will be re-numbered 415 and will continue to run direct via the A19 to Escrick (not serving Designer Outlet).
Due to reductions in subsidy from North Yorkshire County Council, a full review of this service has been undertaken in the weekday morning and afternoon peaks. As a result of this review, a number of journeys will no longer operate or be curtailed at Knottingley.
- 06:25 from Selby to Pontefract will no longer operate.
- 07:33 from Pontefract to Selby will start at Knottingley Common Lane at 07:49. Customers from Pontefract can connect with this bus using the 07:16 148 from Pontefract, which arrives at Common Lane at 07:48.
- The 09:02 from Whitley Bridge to Selby will no longer operate, but there is an alternative journey at 09:29, arriving in Selby at 09:57.
- The 16:55 from Selby to Pontefract will now terminate at Knottingley Common Lane at 17:45. Connections can be made with the 17:53 149 towards Pontefract and Wakefield.
- The 18:05 from Pontefract to Selby will no longer operate.
School services 41, 634, 641, 697
Arriva will no longer operate services 634 or 697.
Service 41 will be replaced by service 641, leaving Snaith School at 15:15 from after the Easter school holidays.