Tablet terms and conditions
For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following definitions shall apply:
“Promotional Period” means from 15th November 2017 to 20th December 2017.
“Qualifying Ticket” means any Arriva Adult West Yorkshire bus ticket purchased via the Arriva m-ticket app or online during the Promotional Period for travel on any route within the Arriva Yorkshire network.
- The prize draw is open to all residents in the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over, except employees of Arriva, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition.
- Customers must enter the promotional code “COMMUTE” where prompted to do so when purchasing a Qualifying Ticket to be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- The opening date for entries is 15th November 2017. The closing date of the prize draw is 20th December 2017. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- Purchases made outside of the Promotional Period and without entering the promotional code will not be valid for entry into the prize draw.
- Arriva accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when purchasing online, Arriva does not take any responsibility for incomplete purchases and any incomplete purchases will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. Arriva accepts no responsibility for any purchases which are not completed for any reason.
- There is only one prize available and one winner will be chosen by random draw on 21st December 2017. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
- The winner will receive a tablet.
- The winner will be notified via email (provided on entry) on 22nd December 2017 and will either be presented with their prize directly from an Arriva member of staff or be sent it in the post. If a winner does not respond to the Arriva within 5 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Arriva will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The selected winner must be a resident in an Arriva serviced area in Yorkshire. If the winner does not meet this requirement Arriva reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
10. The prize will be given to the winner within 3 weeks of being notified of their win.
10. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
11. Arriva reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Arriva’s control makes it necessary to do so
12. The decision of Arriva regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
13. By entering participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. Arriva reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
14. Arriva reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Insofar as is permitted by law, Arriva, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Arriva, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
16. Winners are required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
17. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
18. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.