Spread the cost of your student bus travel on Arriva buses
Our Student Saver ticket range already offers great value to students who are travelling regularly on Arriva buses.
Now you can get an annual ticket and pay for it in monthly instalments. Your ticket will be delivered by post as an Arriva Connect smartcard.
Valid on Arriva and Yorkshire Tiger buses in the zone of your choice
|Ticket zone||Under 19 monthly direct debit||19 and over monthly direct debit||Buy as a smartcard|
- The ticket will be sent to your home address.
- You can choose to pay by Direct Debit on the 1st or the 15th of the month. For accounts that start on the 1st your first ticket will arrive by the 12th of that month and for accounts that start on the 15th your ticket will arrive by the 27th of that month.
- The ticket will be sent in the form of an Arriva Connect smartcard.
- The smartcard is very easy to use - just scan on the ticket machine as you board the bus.
- You will be able to use your smartcard continuously until you decide to cancel.
- If your Direct Debit payment is cancelled or payment returned, Arriva will cancel your smartcard immediately and you will no longer be able to use it.
- If your smartcard is faulty, Arriva will replace it free of charge.
- Please report lost tickets to [email protected] immediately. A replacement ticket will be sent to you and a fee of £25 will be added to your next direct debit.
- Tickets are valid for students in full time education (school, 6th form, college, university, etc).
- Tickets are valid on any Arriva bus in the stated zone with no time or day restrictions.
- Parents or guardians can set up the Direct Debit on behalf of the student (please enter the student's name in the relevant field for the direct debit mandate).
- The monthly cost is calculated by dividing the price of the annual ticket by 12 months.
- You will be notified if the price increases or decreases, in line with the annual ticket pricing.
Cancelling Your Direct Debit
- You can cancel your direct debit at any time, so you can roll the ticket over into the summer holidays and new academic year if required.
- If you need to cancel your student ticket, please cancel your Direct Debit directly with your bank/building society. Arriva will not accept responsibility for cancelling Direct Debits.
- Cancellation of your Direct Debit requires 7 working days notice.
- If your payment is due to be taken within the required notice period (and you have requested your Direct Debit to be cancelled too late), your ticket will still remain active and cannot be refunded.
Email us at [email protected]
Tickets for use on Arriva buses, as well as those run by other companies, and trains
Under 16, 16-18 or 19-25 MCards - valid on all buses and trains in West Yorkshire
|Weekly Bus Only||Under 19s||£10.30|
|Monthly Bus Only||Under 19s||£37.80|
|Weekly Bus Only||19-25 or Mature Students||£16.00|
|Monthly Bus Only||19-25 or Mature Students||£60.00|
|Weekly Bus and Train||Under 26s||£24.50|
|Monthly Bus and Train||Under 26s||£90.00|
|Termly Bus and Train||Under 26s - Term 1 2/9/19 to 31/12/19||£275|
StudentPlus MetroCard - valid on all buses and trains in West Yorkshire
|Ticket zone||Duration||Under 19