UTC South Durham
You can buy Day and Weekly tickets on the bus and pay with either cash or contactless.
You can buy Day, Weekly, 15 Weekly, Academic Year or Annual using either Debit/Credit card or by Paypal online. You can choose your ticket to be sent either to your mobile via the Arriva m-ticket App or receive an Arriva Connect smart card.
Spread your payments and pay monthly via Direct Debit for the Annual ticket. Payments can be taken on either the 1st or the 15th of the month. You can choose when you want your payments to begin.
The Annual ticket Direct Debit can be arranged at any time as there are no date restrictions. The Annual monthly payments are continuous until you decide to cancel your Direct Debit.
You will receive an Arriva Connect smart card through the post if you pay by Direct Debit. As soon as you receive this you can use this straight away on the bus.
|Day||Week||15 Weeks||Academic Year*||Annual*|
|North East Regionwide||£5.50||£22.00||£300.00||£799||£825|
* Prices from 15 July 2019
Your Arriva Connect smart card
- The Arriva Connect smart card is very easy to use - just scan on the ticket machine as you board the bus.
- If your Direct Debit payment is cancelled or payment returned, Arriva will cancel your Arriva Connect smart card immediately and you will no longer be able to use it.
- If you lose the Arriva Connect smart card, there is a £5 replacement fee. This must be paid directly to Arriva Student Department before a new one can be issued.
- If your card is faulty Arriva will replace the card free of charge.
- Cards should be purchased through Arriva directly. Please note that UTC South Durham is not responsible for any refunds that may be requested.
Lost My Card
If your Arriva Connect smart card is lost please inform the Arriva Student Department immediately. Your current card will be cancelled completely and Arriva will send a replacement card. There is a replacement fee of £5 payable directly to Arriva.* Payment is accepted using Debit or Credit card only.
Email us at [email protected]
Misuse of the Arriva Connect smart card
Your Arriva Connect smart card will be deactivated immediately if there is any misuse.