Wherever you need to get to, we’ve made things a whole lot easier with the introduction of contactless payments on all Arriva UK buses.
Say goodbye to fumbling around for change. Contactless is a quick and secure way to pay for your ticket using a credit or debit card without needing to enter your PIN.
If your card or device has a contactless symbol, all you have to do is hop aboard, and tell the driver where you’d like to go.
Then tap your method of payment on to the reader, take your ticket, find a seat and enjoy your ride.
There’s no minimum spend and you can use contactless for any fare up to £30.
How does it work?
Check your card or device has the contactless symbol, then hop on the bus, tell the driver where you’d like to go, and tap your method of payment onto the reader. Collect your ticket before taking your seat.
We also accept contactless payments on:
- Key fobs
- Wearable devices, such as watches and wristbands
- Mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets
Which buses accept contactless payments?
Contactless payment is available on all Arriva buses in the UK.
Conditions and restrictions
- We are unable to accept payments by American Express
- You can buy any tickets (single, return, day or weekly) up to the value of £30
- You can buy a group ticket providing the total cost is less than £30