Academic Year 2019 - 20
The academic year ticket for Teesdale School costs £330 and this is available to pay in full over the phone, or pay through our direct debit scheme. You will receive a smart card posted direct to your home which will be preloaded with the correct zone and ready to use when you receive it. The card scans on the ticket machine when you get on the bus. The pass is valid on the X75 and X76 services only.
We also have an annual ticket available on our direct debit for £360. This is a continuous rolling contract that continues until you decide to cancel your direct debit.
- You can choose to pay your direct debit on the 1st or the 15th of the month. Please note that the nearest available payment date will be automatically selected for you.
- If you need to cancel your direct debit, please cancel it directly with your bank - they will normally require 7-10 working days' to process a cancellation. Please note that any payments taken within this cancellation timeframe are not eligble to be refunded.
- The morning X75 starts at Darlington Town Hall, Stand M at 0718. It runs through High Coniscliffe (0730), Piercebridge (0732), Gainford (0737), Staindrop (0749) and gets to Barnard Castle at 0802.
- The following X75 starts at Darlington Town Hall, Stand M at 0748. It runs through High Coniscliffe (0800), Piercebridge (0802), Gainford (0807), Winston Village (0813), Staindrop (0823) and gets to Barnard Castle at 0837.
- The afternoon X76 starts at Barnard Castle at 1437. It runs through Winston Village (1447), Gainford (1453), Piercebridge (1458), High Coniscliffe (1500) and gets to Darlington Town Hall at 1515.
- The following X75 starts at Barnard Castle at 1503. It runs through Staindrop (1516), Winston Village (1526), Gainford (1530), Piercebridge (1535), High Coniscliffe (1537) and gets to Darlington Town Hall at 1552.
- There is another X76 after this which starts at Barnard Castle at 1542. It runs through Winston Village (1552), Gainford (1558), Piercebridge (1603), High Coniscliffe (1605) and gets to Darlington Town Hall at 1620.
- The Academic Year 2019/20 student Smart Card will be sent to your home address.
- The Smart Card is very easy to use - just scan on the ticket machine as you board the bus.
- If your direct debit payment is cancelled or payment returned, Arriva will cancel your Smart Card immediately and you will no longer be able to use it.
- If you lose the Smart Card, there is a £5 replacement fee. This must be paid directly to the student department before a new one is issued.
- If your card is faulty Arriva will replace the card free of charge.
Lost My Card
If your Smart Card is lost please inform us immediately. Your current card will be cancelled completely and Arriva will send a replacement card. There is a replacement fee of £5 payable directly to Arriva.* Payment is accepted using debit or credit card only.
Email us at [email protected]
*Only one pass will be replaced within the academic year
Misuse of the Smart Card
Your Smart Card will be deactivated immediately if there is any misuse.