UTC South Durham bus travel
Our bus services offer a cheap, reliable and quick way for students to get around with tickets available for Darlington District, Country Durham and North East Regionwide.
Spread your payments and pay monthly via Direct Debit for the Annual ticket. Payments can be taken on either the 1st or the 15th of the month. You can choose when you want your payments to begin.
The Annual ticket Direct Debit can be arranged at any time as there are no date restrictions. The Annual monthly payments are continuous until you decide to cancel your Direct Debit.
You will receive an Arriva Connect smart card through the post if you pay by Direct Debit. As soon as you receive this you can use this straight away on the bus.
Direct Debit Arrangements
- The monthly payments depends on when the first Direct Debit is taken.
- The final payment will be taken in May 2021 but the Student Saver Smart Card will continue to be valid until the end of the Academic Year in July 2021.
- Any Direct Debits arranged for 2019-20 Academic Year will need to be set up again online.
Cancelling your Direct Debit
- If you need to cancel your direct debit, please cancel directly with your bank/building society. Arriva will not accept responsibility for cancelling direct debits.
- Cancellation of your direct debit requires 7 working days notice.
- If your payment is due to be taken within the required notice period (and you left it to late to request cancellation of your Direct Debit), your Smart Card will still be sent to you and cannot be refunded.
Smart Card ticketing
- The Academic Year 2020/21 Smart Card will be sent to your home address.
- The ticket will be sent in form of an Arriva Smart Card
- The Smart Card is very easy to use - just scan on the ticket machine as you board the bus.
- You will be able to use your Smart Card continuously until the end of the Academic Year.
- If your Direct Debit payment is cancelled or payment returned, Arriva will cancel your Smart Card immediately and will no longer be in use.
- If you lose the Smart Card, there is a £5 replacement fee. This must be paid directly to our student department before a new one is issued
- If your card is faulty Arriva will replace the card free of charge.
I've lost my Smart Card. What should I do?
If you lose your Arriva Connect Smart Card please inform the Arriva Student department immediately. Your current ticket will be cancelled completely and Arriva will send a replacement. There is a replacement fee of £5 payable directly to Arriva. Payment is accepted using debit or credit card only.
It can take between 3-5 working days for your replacement Arriva Connect Smart Card to arrive.
Only one pass will be replaced within the Academic year.
Misuse of the Smart Card
Your smartcard will be deactivated immediately if there is any misuse.
Contact the Arriva Student Department
Telephone: 0191 520 4144 (open Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm)
Plan my journey
Find my bus
Popular tickets in the Durham District