Scarborough TEC bus travel
Our bus services offer a cheap, reliable and quick way for students to get to and from Scarborough TEC College.
Arriva runs buses connecting Scarborough TEC with the surrounding area. Destinations include Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay and other towns and villages.
School bus routes
- X93 for Whitby
Free travel from the college
Are you entitled to free travel from Scarborough TEC? If so, you'll receive your bus pass from the college themselves.
Academic Year 2021 - 2022 tickets
Why not save with an Arriva Direct Debit? We have a monthly ticket available for £51.05 per calendar month. Students can receive a smartcard or mobile ticket.
This pass covers any Arriva service operated in the North East. This is a continuous rolling contract which will run until you cancel your Direct Debit.
It's essential that you make arrangements for payment as soon as you have enrolled to ensure you receive your ticket before the start of term. Failure to do so will mean you may not receive your ticket. This offer is extended to Scarborough TEC students only. All Direct Debits will be verified with the college.
Spread the cost with Direct Debit
- You can choose to pay for your Smart Card on the 1st or the 15th of the month.
- Please note that the nearest available payment date will be automatically selected for you.
- If you require your Direct Debit date to be later, please contact the Student department to arrange this. Details are below.
Direct Debit Terms and Conditions
- Direct debit payments are taken on the 1st or 15th of each month, dependent on date of application
- For payments on the 1st your tickets will be dispatched thereafter and commence on 12th of the month
- For payments on the 15th your tickets will be dispatched thereafter and commence on 27th of each month
- Dependent on your payment date your monthly ticket will expire at midnight on the 11th or 26th of the following month
- Your next ticket will automatically be sent directly to your home or registered m-ticket app every month before the current expire, as long as your DD remains active
- Your payment will remain the same each month unless we notify otherwise
- Annual tickets paid via direct debit form a rolling contract, these tickets will not expire until instructed to do so via your bank.
- This scheme is valid for passengers travelling on Arriva buses, and tickets are valid in the zone chosen only
- If your direct debit fails or is cancelled, you will not receive your ticket for the following month
- Please report lost tickets to [email protected] immediately, a replacement ticket will be sent to you and a fee of £25 will be added to your next direct debit
- Tickets are valid for students in full time education (school, 6th form, college, university, etc).
- Tickets are valid on any Arriva bus in the stated zone with no time or day restrictions.
- Parents or guardians can set up the Direct Debit on behalf of the student (please enter the student's name in the relevant field for the direct debit mandate).
- You will be notified if the price increases or decreases, in line with the annual ticket pricing.
- No refunds will be given
- If you need to cancel your direct debit, please cancel it directly with your bank - they will normally require 7-10 working days to process a cancellation. Please note that any payments taken within this cancellation timeframe are not eligible to be refunded.
- Arriva will not accept responsibility for cancelling direct debits
- Cancellation of your direct debit requires 7 to 10 working days’ notice with your bank
- If your payment is due to be taken within the required notice period (and you have requested your direct debit to be cancelled too late), your ticket will still be sent to you and cannot be refunded
- We do not accept used/unused/unwanted tickets
Plan my journey
Find my bus
Arriva Bus UK app
Plan bus journeys, get live updates and buy m-tickets all in one place!