Leeds City College bus travel
Subsidised travel from the college
Do you qualify for subsidised travel from Leeds City College? If so, we'll send you your Arriva Connect Smart Card through the post approximately 3-5 working days from the day we receive your details from the college.
You'll be able to use your Smart Card as soon as you receive it from us, allowing travel to and from college weekdays only. Simply scan the Smart Card on the bus as you board.
Save with our Smart Card tickets
Don't receive subsidised travel? You can still use the bus for less during term time by signing up for a Smart Card.
Make the most of your pass by going shopping, heading to the cinema, watching your football team or seeing your favourite band. Here are your ticket choices:
Bursary 'Top Up' Under 19
Bursary 'Top Up' 19+
Pay in full
You can pay in full by debit/credit card over the phone to the Arriva Student Department.
Spread the cost with Direct Debit
- You can choose to pay for your Smart Card on the 1st or the 15th of the month (First payment date 15th August 2019).
- Please note that the nearest Direct Debit date will be the available option to choose.
- If you require your Direct Debit date to be later, please contact the Student department to arrange this. Details are below.
When you are arranging your Direct Debit you can choose your ticket type, either Arriva Connect smartcard or mobile. If you choose the mobile option you will need to download the Arriva Bus UK app and create an account including your email, full name and mobile number.
Direct Debit Arrangement
Arriva Connect Smart Card
Your student ticket will be available to use 12 days after the Direct Debit payment has been taken. If you payment is taken on 1st of the month, your ticket will commence on the 12th of that same month. If your payment is taken on the 15th of the month, your ticket will commence from the 27th of the that same month.
If you choose the mobile ticket option, your ticket will be available on your device 5 working days after your payment has been taken. Please note that you WILL NOT receive a text message informing you that your ticket has been sent to the App. Please keep checking the App and activate the ticket as soon as you are ready to use it.
- The monthly payments depends on when the first Direct Debit is taken.
- The final payment will be taken in May 2020 but the Student Saver Smart Card will continue to be valid until the end of the Academic Year in July 2020.
- Any Direct Debits arranged for 2018-19 Academic Year will need to be set up again online.
Cancelling your Direct Debit
- If you need to cancel your direct debit, please cancel directly with your bank/building society. Arriva Yorkshire will not accept responsibility for cancelling direct debits.
- Cancellation of your direct debit requires 7 working days notice.
- If your payment is due to be taken within the required notice period (and you left it to late to request cancellation of your Direct Debit), your Smart Card will still be sent to you and cannot be refunded.
Smart Card ticketing
- The Academic Year 2019/20 Smart Card will be sent to your home address.
- The ticket will be sent in form of an Arriva Smart Card (Direct Debit payments only)
- The Smart Card is very easy to use - just scan on the ticket machine as you board the bus.
- You will be able to use your Smart Card continuously until the end of the Academic Year.
- If your Direct Debit payment is cancelled or payment returned, Arriva will cancel your Smart Card immediately and will no longer be in use.
- If you lose the Smart Card, there is a £5 replacement fee. This must be paid directly to our student department before a new one is issued
- If your card is faulty Arriva will replace the card free of charge.
I've lost my Smart Card/mobile phone. What should I do?
If your Arriva Connect Smart Card or mobile phone is lost please inform the Arriva Student department immediately. Your current ticket will be cancelled completely and Arriva will send a replacement. There is a replacement fee of £5 payable directly to Arriva. Payment is accepted using debit or credit card only.
It can take between 3-5 working days for your replacement Arriva Connect Smart Card to arrive. The ticket will be replaced immediately if you use the Arriva Bus UK app.
Only one pass will be replaced within the Academic year.
If you leave the college
If you leave Leeds City College within the academic year and have received a Smart Card through subsidised travel, your Smart Card will be deactivated and will no longer be valid. Please return your Smart Card to the college Student Department.
Misuse of the Smart Card
Your smartcard will be deactivated immediately if there is any misuse.
Contact Arriva Student department
Telephone: 0191 520 4144 (open Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm)
Email: [email protected]
Plan my journey
Find my bus
Arriva Bus UK app
Plan bus journeys, get live updates and buy m-tickets all in one place!