Arriva Impresses at UK Bus Awards
Arriva has topped the shortlist for the 2014 UK Bus Awards, receiving an incredible 15 nominations across 17 hotly contested categories.
The awards, now in their 19th year, are designed to recognise, celebrate and promote
excellence and best practice throughout the UK bus industry. This year, Arriva has been recognised both regionally and nationally across the full range of people focused, operational and technical accolades, and will be hoping to scoop a number of the final prizes during the glittering awards ceremony on 18th November, at the Hilton Hotel on Park Lane, London.
Mark Yexley, Operations and Commercial Director for Arriva UK Bus, said: “We are honoured
that we have achieved such widespread recognition at the 2014 UK Bus Awards. It really is testament to the incredibly dedicated teams and individuals that make up the wider Arriva business, who consistently strive to deliver excellence for our customers on a day to day basis.
“At Arriva we feel it’s important that we don’t rest on our laurels and are continually innovating and evolving to ensure that we remain at the forefront of the bus industry. The sheer number of finalists we have at this year’s UK Bus Awards really do showcase just how successful we have been in driving the business forward, and we will certainly use this recognition as a platform to achieve even greater results in the future.”
Arriva has been shortlisted for the following awards:
- Chris Moyes Memorial Award for Top National Bus Driver: Ian Greenfield, Arriva Midlands; Justyna Wawrzycka, Arriva North East
- Young Manager of the Year: Matthew Ashton, Arriva Yorkshire; Nick Faichney, Arriva London; Richard Hoare, Arriva North West and Wales
- Environment Award: Milton Keynes Electric Bus Project, Arriva Shires & Essex
- Alexander Dennis Innovation Award: Milton Keynes Electric Bus Project, Arriva Shires & Essex
- Making Buses a Better Choice: the Peter Huntley Memorial Award: Arriva Watford - Perfect 10, Arriva Shires & Essex
- Putting Passengers First: The Arriva Angels, Arriva Yorkshire
- Marketing Initiative of the Year: X1/1/1b - people disappearing every 15 minutes, Arriva North East
- Sustained Marketing Excellence: Business to Business - Go Growth!, Arriva Yorkshire; Social Media - Never Miss the Buzz, Arriva UK Bus
- Top City Operator: Arriva Merseyside
- Top National Bus Depot: Blyth, Arriva North EastFor a full list of finalists and further information about the UK Bus Awards, visit www.ukbusawards.org.uk.