Arriva Adds More New, Green Buses
Arriva North East celebrated the launch of 5 new micro-hybrid buses and 3 gas buses on services running from Sunderland into East Durham and Darlington.
The Gas buses will run on service 21/X21.
The Hybrid buses will run on service 23.
Service 22 will run with modern, low floor buses less than 4 years old.
Students from East Durham College in Peterlee helped mark the £1.1m investment by creating a giant picture out of card alongside a micro-hybrid and a gas bus.
As well as being able to enjoy the comfort of these new buses, from 26th October people travelling between Hartlepool, Peterlee and Sunderland will benefit from new links.
The X21 is a new, gas-powered bus that not only offers more comfortable travel but a more environmentally friendly way to travel. After all, biogas is one of the cleanest, greenest fuels around. What’s more, the X21 will also be fastest way to travel between Peterlee and Sunderland, taking only 26 minutes.
The 23 is a Mini hybrid streetlite bus that offers passengers greater comfort and eco-friendly bus travel. Free Wi-Fi, quality e-leather seats and low floor access make for a more enjoyable ride. Lower CO2 emissions also mean a far greener way to get around - which is great for all of us.
The introduction of these buses is part of Arriva’s overall investment in the region of just under £12m.
These buses really are fantastic, not only are they environmentally friendly – reducing fuel consumption by up to 10%, but they also provide our passengers with a smooth, safe and comfortable journey.
- Passengers will be able to catch up to 6 buses an hour between Peterlee and Sunderland during peak hours with the combined 22, 23 and NEW X21 service
- Buses to Hartlepool up to every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes and hourly in the evening and on Sundays
- Buses to Darlington hourly Monday to Sunday
- NEW, FAST X21 service to Sunderland – cutting your journey time to only 26 minutes from point to point
- Passengers will be able to catch up to 6 buses an hour between Sunderland and Peterlee during peak hours with the combined 22, 23 and NEW X21 service
- Buses to Hartlepool up to every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes and hourly in the evening and on Sundays (change at Peterlee on evenings and Sundays)
- Buses to Darlington hourly Monday to Sunday (change in Peterlee on evenings and Sundays)
- NEW, FAST X21 service to Peterlee – cutting your journey time to only 26 minutes from point to point
- Buses up to every 15 minutes to Peterlee on Monday and Saturday daytimes, hourly in the evening s and on Sundays
- Connections at Peterlee to Sunderland