Arriva impresses at the UK Bus Awards
Arriva has once again topped the shortlist for the 2015 UK Bus Awards, receiving an impressive 15 nominations across 17 hotly contested categories.
Now in its 20th year the prestigious award scheme is designed to recognise, celebrate and promote excellence and best practice throughout the UK bus industry. This year, Arriva has been recognised both regionally and nationally across the full range of people focused, operational and technical accolades, and will be hoping to scoop a number of the final prizes during the glittering awards ceremony on 24th November, at The Ballroom South Bank, London.
Kevin O’Connor, Managing Director for Arriva UK Bus, said: “It’s brilliant to have achieved such widespread recognition at the UK Bus Awards. It really is testament to the incredibly dedicated teams and individuals that make up the wider Arriva business, who consistently strive to deliver excellence for our customers on a day to day basis.
“At Arriva we feel it’s important that we don’t rest on our laurels and are continually innovating and evolving to ensure that we remain at the forefront of the bus industry. The sheer number of finalists we have at this year’s UK Bus Awards really do showcase just how successful we have been in driving the business forward, and we will certainly use this recognition as a platform to achieve even greater results in the future.”
Arriva has been shortlisted for the following awards:
• Unsung Heroes Award - Kevin Richardson, Arriva North East
• Young Manager of the Year - Will Pare, Arriva North East
• Young Manager of the Year - Jessica Mills, Arriva Yorkshire
• Top National Bus Driver - Daniel Curry, Arriva North East
• Top National Bus Driver – David Skitt, Arriva Midlands
• Engineer of the Year - Anthony Lowe, Arriva Yorkshire
• Innovation - The Arriva Bus App: A Smarter Way to Travel, Arriva UK Bus
• Making Buses a Better Choice – Taking bus travel to the MAX, Arriva North East and Yorkshire
• Making Buses a Better Choice - The Arriva Bus App: A Smarter Way to Travel, Arriva UK Bus
• Marketing Initiative of the Year - Posh & Double Decks, Arriva Merseyside
• Marketing Initiative of the Year - The Arriva Bus App: A Smarter Way to Travel, Arriva UK Bus
• Putting Passengers First - Live Chat: It's good to talk, Arriva UK Bus
• Top National Bus Depot - Newcastle, Arriva North East
• Top National Bus Depot - Birkenhead, Arriva North West
• Top London Bus Driver - Abdallah Bin Masood, Arriva South London
For a full list of finalists and further information about the UK Bus Awards, visit www.ukbusawards.org.uk.