Arriva drivers celebrate as Bus Champions shortlist is announced
Arriva UK Bus has unveiled its regional shortlist for its nationwide ‘Bus Champion’ award, as voted for by the people who know best – the customers.
As part of its national ‘Made A Difference’ (M.A.D) recognition scheme, Arriva received more than 300 nominations from bus users wanting to say ‘thank you’ to those drivers who consistently go above and beyond to deliver great service.
Now, the 20 drivers who made the coveted shortlist from across Arriva’s UK operations, will face the public vote once again, as passengers are invited to choose who makes the national final this April.
Eve Ginever, PR & Communications Manager from Arriva UK Bus, said: “We’re big believers that through great endeavour you can achieve great reward – whether you’re a supreme athlete, a corporate high-flyer, or a bus driver on the road. We all have greatness within us and that is exactly what we want to showcase with this award.
“Our drivers are the heartbeat of our business – and they really do care about the customers they serve and communities they are part of. We are incredibly proud of how our shortlisted drivers have consistently gone that extra mile to ensure excellence on board their buses. We would urge anyone wanting to show their support, and take them all the way to the final, to go online now and share their thanks for being a true bus champion, through and through.”
The shortlist is:
• John Featherstone, Gillingham depot
• Steve Davis, Southend depot
• Alena Hanmore, Gillingham depot
• Laura Smith, Maidstone depot
• Ian Evans, Aylesbury depot
• Matt Morgan, Milton Keynes depot
• Nigel Bates, Leighton Buzzard Outstation
• Marek Tuma, Milton Keynes depot
• Neil Atherton, Runcorn depot
• Steve Humphris, Speke depot
• Diane Emery, Green Lane depot
• Darren Bevan, Wrexham depot
• Jackie King (was Batchelor), Wigston depot
• Ivan King, Wigston depot
• Karl Wellard, Thurmaston depot
• Paul Anderson, Derby depot
• Kevin Swetman, Tamworth depot
• Paul Candlin, Telford depot
• Ian Astbury, Cannock depot
• Brett Haskett, Tamworth depot
Commendations for the final 20 included exemplary customer service and cheery dispositions, as well as charitable work and giving their own time up for the good of their passengers.
The ‘Bus Champion – Driver of the Year’ title forms part of Arriva’s annual ‘Made A Difference’ (M.A.D) Awards campaign, a national recognition programme which looks at all elements of the bus company, including; engineering, depot management and back office functions.
The top regional drivers voted for by customers, will be celebrated during a glittering ceremony on 21st April, where the overall national ‘Bus Champion’ will be announced.
To vote for a ‘Bus Champion’, visit the website at arrivabus.co.uk/champions. Alternatively, email [email protected]