Newcastle Upon Tyne to Carlisle
via Corbridge, Hexham, Haltwhistle and BramptonBack to all services
Looking for Tickets?
Buy tickets for the 685, X85 service quickly and easily online
Tyne and Wear Saver View Tickets
Tyne Valley Saver View Tickets
Tyne Valley+Tyne and Wear Saver View Tickets
North+T&W Saver All Zones View Tickets
North East Regionwide View Tickets
We are making improvements to some of our services in Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland from Sunday 18th March 2018. These include:
- A new link from the Holystone Park housing development to Benton Asda and Newcastle City Centre. This new service (called 51A) will work alongside the 51 to provide a bus up to every 30 minutes between Holystone Village, Benton Asda and Newcastle on Monday to Saturday daytimes (hourly in the evening and on Sundays)
- Quicker journeys on the MAX X7 from Blyth, Seaton Sluice, Seaton Delaval, Seghill, Burradon and Quorum Business Park to Newcastle
- More Saturday morning buses on Cross Pennine service 685 between Newcastle, Hexham, Haltwhistle, Brampton and Carlisle
- A later last bus on the Sapphire 44 from Newcastle to Gosforth, Regent Centre, Hazlerigg and Dinnington, every day of the week
- An earlier Sunday morning journey on the MAX 306 from Tynemouth, North Shields, Billy Mill and Battle Hill to Newcastle
There will also be alterations to several other services to improve punctuality, better match capacity with demand and respond to requests we have received from customers.
All of the changes are described in detail below. Simply click on the links to download the new timetables for each service. Printed leaflets are available on buses and from the Ashington, Blyth, Morpeth and Newcastle Haymarket bus stations.
There will be a number of changes to services 85, 685 and X85 from Sunday 31st August 2014.
From 10th March until July 2014 the A695 at Dilston Bridge, between Corbridge and Hexham, is closed for construction. Bus services 85/X85 will be diverted and run non stop between Corbridge and Hexham Bus Station.
- View the full list of changes