Travelling around Tynemouth
Are you thinking about visiting Tynemouth? Perhaps you already live in this great town but need to get around without the hassle of parking or the expense of petrol? At Arriva we know travel and we know Tynemouth, so take a few moments and read through our carefully created guide to attractions and travelling in this great town.
Latest Service Updates
We are making improvements to some of our services in Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland from Sunday 18th March 2018. These include:
- A new link from the Holystone Park housing development to Benton Asda and Newcastle City Centre. This new service (called 51A) will work alongside the 51 to provide a bus up to every 30 minutes between Holystone Village, Benton Asda and Newcastle on Monday to Saturday daytimes (hourly in the evening and on Sundays)
- Quicker journeys on the MAX X7 from Blyth, Seaton Sluice, Seaton Delaval, Seghill, Burradon and Quorum Business Park to Newcastle
- More Saturday morning buses on Cross Pennine service 685 between Newcastle, Hexham, Haltwhistle, Brampton and Carlisle
- A later last bus on the Sapphire 44 from Newcastle to Gosforth, Regent Centre, Hazlerigg and Dinnington, every day of the week
- An earlier Sunday morning journey on the MAX 306 from Tynemouth, North Shields, Billy Mill and Battle Hill to Newcastle
There will also be alterations to several other services to improve punctuality, better match capacity with demand and respond to requests we have received from customers.
All of the changes are described in detail below. Simply click on the links to download the new timetables for each service. Printed leaflets are available on buses and from the Ashington, Blyth, Morpeth and Newcastle Haymarket bus stations.