Latest Service Updates
Information about changes to service 51/51A between Newcastle, Holystone and Whitley Bay from Sunday 2nd September 2018.
We are making improvements to some of our services in Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland from Sunday 6th May 2018. These include:
- An enhanced timetable for the MAX X18, increasing the number of buses between Alnwick, Seahouses, Belford and Berwick-upon-Tweed until the end of the summer season on Saturday 3rd November 2018.
- New Sunday (and Public Holiday) buses on the MAX X14 between Morpeth, Longhorsley, Longframlington, Rothbury and Thropton.
- A later last bus on the MAX X20 from Ashington and Wansbeck Hospital to Lynemouth, Ellington and Widdrington Station on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
- New stops for the MAX X20 and X30 at the end of Brunton Lane on the Great North Road in Newcastle, improving access to the Great Park.
There will also be several other alterations to services to improve punctuality, better match capacity with demand and respond to customers requests.
We are making improvements to some of our services in Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland from Sunday 18th March 2018. These include:
- A new link from the Holystone Park housing development to Benton Asda and Newcastle City Centre. This new service (called 51A) will work alongside the 51 to provide a bus up to every 30 minutes between Holystone Village, Benton Asda and Newcastle on Monday to Saturday daytimes (hourly in the evening and on Sundays)
- Quicker journeys on the MAX X7 from Blyth, Seaton Sluice, Seaton Delaval, Seghill, Burradon and Quorum Business Park to Newcastle
- More Saturday morning buses on Cross Pennine service 685 between Newcastle, Hexham, Haltwhistle, Brampton and Carlisle
- A later last bus on the Sapphire 44 from Newcastle to Gosforth, Regent Centre, Hazlerigg and Dinnington, every day of the week
- An earlier Sunday morning journey on the MAX 306 from Tynemouth, North Shields, Billy Mill and Battle Hill to Newcastle
There will also be alterations to several other services to improve punctuality, better match capacity with demand and respond to requests we have received from customers.
All of the changes are described in detail below. Simply click on the links to download the new timetables for each service. Printed leaflets are available on buses and from the Ashington, Blyth, Morpeth and Newcastle Haymarket bus stations.
From Monday 1 February our Arriva X12 will resume serving Gateshead Interchange both to and from Newcastle to the normal timetable (the current temporary Low Fell to Gateshead shuttle will then no longer run).
Information regarding revisions to Service X7, X8 & X30 from Sunday 24 January 2016.
Information for passengers regarding a revision to timetable and stopping arrangements on Service X12, from Sunday 4th October 2015.
Gateshead Council is closing High Street West from Monday 4th January to Tuesday 5th April 2016, between the junctions of Charles Street and Arthur Street.
From Tuesday 7th April 2015, the 553 will extend from the Freeman Hospital to Battle Hill replacing Nexus service 3
There will be some road closures and diversions affecting services in Blyth, Newcastle, Shildon and Musgrave Gardens in February.
In September 2013 we made major changes to services in Newcastle, North Tyneside and South East Northumberland. We have listened to a lot of feedback from customers since then, and from Sunday 23rd March 2014 there will be further improvements to the network, including faster journeys, new links and later last buses.