Travelling around Middlesbrough
Lying on the banks of the River Tees in the heart of the Tees Valley, Middlesbrough is surrounded by stunning countryside and sits between two of the North’s great historic towns, Durham and Whitby.
A must-see destination in its own right, this bustling town on England’s North East coast has a skyline dotted with architectural wonders, as magnificent and diverse as the Restoration mansion at Acklam Hall and the spectacular Tees Transporter Bridge, which echoes the town’s rich industrial past.
Middlesbrough has excellent road and rail links to surrounding towns and villages. Arriva buses run a selection of routes in out of the town centre, with services to Whitby and Scarborough, as well as outlying areas like Guisborough and Staithes.
If you're looking to save money as you travel to and from Middlesbrough we have a range of tickets and deals available. Deals applicable to Middlesbrough are:
- North East All Zones Saver tickets - available as Day, Weekly, 4-Weekly and Annual
- Teesside and East Cleveland Zone Saver tickets – available as Day, Weekly, 4-Weekly and Annual
- Teesside Zone Saver tickets – available as Day, Weekly, 4-Weekly and Annual
- Teesside Tripper tickets – available as Day and Weekly
- Easyrider All Zone tickets – available as Weekly and Monthly
- Easyrider Teesside Zone tickets – available as Weekly and Monthly
- X3, X4 tickets – available as Weekly
- Explorer ticket
Look at the maps for each and decide which ticket is going to give you the best value.