Travelling around Bishop Auckland
A stunning castle, thriving shopping scene and lots of interesting architecture await visitors to Bishop Auckland. This attractive market town in the Vale of Durham has a fascinating heritage and stands tall over the meandering River Wear. It’s also considered to be one of the friendliest towns around!
So, whether you’re a history lover popping by to see the castle, a shopaholic coming to make the most of the shopping centre or simply a resident looking for something fun to do at the weekend, you’ll find plenty in ‘Bish’ to keep you entertained.
There are regular trains from Bishop Auckland to Middlesbrough, Whitby and Saltburn, and Arriva buses offer plenty of ways to get to and around the town itself. Jump on a bus for a short trip into the town centre or travel further afield with services running to Durham, Darlington and Tow Law.
If you're looking to save money as you travel to and from Chester-le-Street we have a range of tickets and deals available. Deals applicable to Chester-le-Street are:
- North East All Zones Saver tickets - available as Day, Weekly, 4-Weekly and Annual
- Durham District Zone – available as Day, Weekly, 4-Weekly and Annual
- Durham County Zone – available as Day, Weekly and 4-Weekly
- Bishop Auckland Zone Plus - available as Day, Weekly, 4-Weekly and Annual
- X1 tickets – available as Day and Weekly
- Explorer ticket
Look at the maps for each and decide which ticket is going to give you the best value.