Arriva, part of the Deutsche Bahn group, is one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries every year. We operate an extensive range of services including buses, trains, health and social transport services, airport related transport services, commuter coaches and water buses. We also engage in bus and coach distribution.
Arriva North East employs some 1500 staff and operates a fleet of 480 buses from 7 operating depots in Northumberland, Tyneside, County Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire. Following a recent promotion we are seeking to recruit a Workshop Manager to provide assistance to the Engineering Manager at our Durham depot.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the key duties include:
- Managing and motivating a team of technical staff to ensure that Company standards are adhered to in all aspects of the engineering facility, this includes vehicle safety maintenance, inspection, plant and equipment, stores, health and safety, work quality, vehicle cleanliness and environmental responsibilities.
- Adherence to the programming/preparation of vehicles to VOSA Test Standards.
- Achievement of engineering KPIs/budgets. Programming and overseeing preventative maintenance.
- All vehicle records being maintained to Department of Transport and Arriva Standards.
- Compliance and adherence to Group and Company standards with regards to Health and Safety and quality engineering systems.
- Ability to manage ever changing priorities and working to tight deadlines.
- You will possess a high level of communication skills, and be an experienced and effective manager.
- Fleet management experience is preferably as is recognition by the Engineering Council and a member of the Institute of Road Transport Engineers.
The successful applicant will enjoy a range of benefits:
- Access to Village
- Cycle to Work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Free Uniform
- Free Bus Travel
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply, rather than completing the form below:
Arriva North East, 1 Admiral Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland. SR3 3XPClosing Date: Fri 26 October, 2018
Reference Number: dur/wm
Arriva is committed to diversity. If you’re good, you’re welcome.