Skilled Shift Fitter
Arriva Southern Counties, which form part of Arriva’s UK Bus division, and locally operates some 750 buses and employs over 2000 staff in an area stretching from Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent and Medway to the Surrey / Hampshire border.
Drive Engineering Excellence...
Our engineers are fundamental to the smooth operation of our business as they keep the wheels going round - literally! We're looking for people like you: hard-working, hands-on professionals who keep our fleet in first-class condition.
Our Hemel Hempstead depot is looking to recruit a skilled PCV/HGV Fitter to assist with the maintenance of a mixed vehicle fleet of double decks, single decks and midi-buses. The role requires excellent diagnostic skills, and the ability to work well as part of the engineering, and wider depot, team. Familiarity with Department of Transport/DVSA standards is also desirable. You will:
- Work to the highest safety, presentation and quality standards.
- Have proven experience of servicing and repairing vehicles.
- A motivated team-player, you will also be a good communicator, with a flexible approach to your hours of work.
- Qualified to C&G level 3 / NVQ level 3 / BTEC in Engineering - Motor Vehicle Maintenance.
- The position requires shift working on a 5 over 7 basis which includes early, day and late working patterns.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Continuous personal development.
- Excellent career prospects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free bus travel for yourself, your partner and eligible children.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to:Closing Date: Fri 27 January, 2017
Reference Number: LC/SSFHEM
Arriva Southern Counties of Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, ME15 6TX is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Lara Scott-Ellis, Arriva Plc, Focus Point, 21 Caledonian Road, London, N1 9DX