Academic Year 2018 - 19
We have an annual ticket available on our direct debit for £525. This is a continuous rolling contract which will run until you cancel your direct debit. and this is available to pay in full over the phone, or pay through our Direct Debit scheme. You will receive a smart card posted direct to your home which will be preloaded with the correct zone and ready to use when you receive it. The card scans on the ticket machine when you get on the bus. Please note the ticket is valid on the x93 between Whitby and Scarborough. It is essential that you make arrangements for payment as soon as you have enrolled to ensure you receive your smart card before the start of term. Failure to do so will mean you may not receive your ticket.
- If you wish to pay over the phone, please call 0191 520 4144 any time between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday and have your card details ready
- If you wish to set up a Direct Debit, please apply online. Click here to set up your direct debit
- If you are entitled to free travel from the college you will receive your bus pass from the college themselves
- You can choose to pay your Direct Debit on the 1st or the 15th of the month. Please note that the nearest available payment date will be automatically selected for you.
- If you need to cancel your Direct Debit, please cancel it directly with your bank - they will normally require 7-10 working days' to process a cancellation. Please note that any payments taken within this cancellation timeframe are not eligble to be refunded.
- This offer is extended to Scarborough TEC students only. All Direct Debits will be verified with the college themselves
- The Academic Year 2018/19 student Smart Card will be sent to your home address.
- The Smart Card is very easy to use - just scan on the ticket machine as you board the bus.
- If your Direct Debit payment is cancelled or payment returned, Arriva will cancel your Smart Card immediately and you will no longer be able to use it.
- If you lose the Smart Card, there is a £5 replacement fee. This must be paid directly to the student department before a new one is issued.
- If your card is faulty Arriva will replace the card free of charge.
Lost My Card
If your Smart Card is lost please inform the Arriva Student department immediately. Your current card will be cancelled completely and Arriva will send a replacement card. There is a replacement fee of £5 payable directly to Arriva.* Payment is accepted using debit or credit card only.
0191 520 4144 (open Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm)
*Only one pass will be replaced within the Academic year.
Misuse of the Smart Card
Your Smart Card will be deactivated immediately if there is any misuse.