Teen Card Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS RELATING TO ARRIVA TEEN CARDS
- ArrivaTeen Cards are available for use by any person from the age of 5 years to the day before their 19th birthday
- They may be used after 1800 on Mondays to Fridays, at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays and after 0900 during most school holiday periods.
- They are valid on ARRIVA buses operating in the North East, except for x93 (between Guisborough and Whitby), Dalesbus, Moorsbus and Whitby Park and Ride. Arriva Teen Cards may NOT be used on vehicles operated by any other company (except where that operator has made special arrangements for them to be accepted) or on certain special services operated from time to time under local authority contract conditions.
- Arriva Teen Card holders are charged half the adult single fare subject to a specified maximum single fare (currently £1).
There are NO Teen Card return fares.
- To qualify for the Arriva Teen Card travel rate, the valid Teen Card must be presented to the driver as you board the bus on each journey and must be shown to any Company official at any time when requested.
- Arriva Teen Cards must carry a recognisable passport size photograph of the person to whom it was issued and they are not transferable between persons.
- Damaged or worn Teen Cards will be replaced free of charge but only if they are surrendered and new photographs supplied.
- Please note that a £5 fee will be charged for any replacement cards if the original is not returned.
- Arriva reserves the right to refuse to issue an Arriva Teen Card or to replace any card which may be withdrawn following misuse (or alleged misuse) or which is (or is claimed to be) lost and also reserves the right to alter the conditions of issue or use should it be considered necessary for any reason.
Applies from September 2017