Cannock Network Service Changes
Start Date: 29/06/2019
Arriva Midlands will be implementing changes to services in Cannock, Lichfield, Wolverhampton and Walsall from Saturday 29th June.
The alterations will see timetable and route changes across eight services, including increases to the number of journeys on some of the most popular routes in the areas, creating new and improved travel options, and matching supply with demand where passenger numbers are low.
The service alterations due to be introduced include as follows:
29th June 2019:
- 1 Cannock/Great Wyrley/Bloxwich/Walsall: Frequency will be improved to provide a bus every 20 minutes on Mondays to Fridays, to provide the fastest and most direct connection between Cannock and Walsall. A bus every 30 minutes on Saturdays will be maintained. Route 1 will no longer operate between Cannock and Huntington, and this will be replaced by route 2.
- 2 Huntington/Cannock/Cheslyn Hay/Bloxwich/Walsall: We’re revising the route to extend beyond Cannock and co-ordinate with route 74 to provide a bus every 15 minutes between Huntington and Cannock. Buses will continue to operate every 30 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays, while buses between Bloxwich and Walsall will be diverted to offer new links from Blakenall to Walsall, Bloxwich and Cannock.
The timetable for services 1 and 2 can be viewed here.
The route map for services 1 and 2 can be viewed here.
- 3/3a Cannock/Norton Canes/Brownhills/Walsall: Following our ongoing discussions with representatives from the local community, we are pleased to announce that the number of journeys serving the Norton Green Lane and Chapel Street area of Norton Canes to Brownhills, Walsall and Cannock will be increased from three a day to every 60 minutes, Monday to Saturday. Route 3a will serve the Norton East Road area of Norton Canes every 60 minutes, maintaining a link to Brownhills and Walsall.
The timetable for services 3 and 3a can be viewed here.
The route map for services 3 and 3a can be viewed here.
- 60/60a Cannock/Norton Canes/Chasetown/Lichfield: Frequency is being improved to provide a bus every 15 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays between Cannock, Heath Hayes, Norton Canes, Chasetown, Burntwood and Lichfield. A new route, numbered 60a provides Hawks Green, Heath Hayes and Norton Canes with more frequent links to Cannock, Chasetown and Lichfield.
The timetable for services 60 and 60a can be viewed here.
The route map for services 60 and 60a can be viewed here.
- 61/61a Cannock/Wimblebury/Boney Hay/Lichfield: These services are being withdrawn due to low passenger numbers travelling to and from Lichfield. Going forward, transport into Cannock from Hawks Green (Gorsemoor Road) and Heath Hayes (Langholm Drive) will be available on route 3, while route 62 will serve Wimblebury and routes 60/60a will serve Chasetown and Burntwood.
- 62/62a/62s Cannock/Hednesford/Rawnsley/Lichfield: The service from Cannock will now terminate at Sankey’s Corner, where customers can change onto services 60/60A for connections to Lichfield every 15 minutes. Unfortunately, the number of customers on the present route 62 means that we are unable to sustain the current level of service, with services 62A and 62S being withdrawn however, we have reinvested this resource to promote growth in the Cannock and Lichfield network. Furthermore, following a significant number of requests, a link between Wimblebury and Hednesford is reinstated.
The latest timetable can be viewed here.
The latest route map can be viewed here.
- 63 Cannock/Hednesford/Rugeley: The timetable of route 63 is being slightly revised to provide better connections at Cannock Bus Station with the improved route 60a.
The latest timetable can be viewed here.
- 70 Cannock/Cheslyn Hay/Featherstone/Wolverhampton: A revised timetable will be introduced with certain early morning and late afternoon journeys on Saturdays being withdrawn due to low passenger numbers. In addition, the 8.45am, 14.45pm and 15.15pm departures from Cannock to Wolverhampton, and the 8.12am and 14.12pm departures from Wolverhampton to Cannock, will no longer serve Ascot Drive and Bideford Way in Cannock on Mondays to Fridays due car parking along this section of the route causing delays. These buses will operate direct along Longford Road instead.
The timetable for service 70 can be viewed here.
The route map for service 70 can be viewed here.
Please check on-bus and on social media for additional updates.