Alfie's Treasure Hunts Terms and Conditions
1. The prize draw is open to all residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary, however internet access is required and a smart mobile phone.
3. All entries must be submitted by fully completing and submitting the online entry in form at arrivabus.co.uk/alfie and only one entry per person is permitted.
4. In order to complete the online entry form participants will be required to answer a series of questions/clues that can be viewed at the various locations specified on either the Leicester treasure map OR the Derby treasure map. Both treasure maps are available to download from arrivabus.co.uk/alfie, alternatively the Leicester treasure map can be collected from the Arriva Midland’s Travel Shop at St Margaret’s bus station in Leicester and the Derby treasure map can be collected from the information office at Derby bus station.
5. The opening date for entries is 00:01 on 15th July 2017. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59 on 6th September 2017. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
7. There are a total of sixty one (61) prizes to be won, one (1) family weekend away in Sherwood Forest, thirty (30) Leicester ZonePlus Family Day Saver m-tickets and thirty (30) Derby ZonePlus Family Day Saver m-tickets
8. There are two (2) classes of prizes to be won (First and Second Prize), allocated to the sixty one (61) winners on the following basis:
One (1) winner will receive a family stay for three (3) nights in a luxury log cabin at Sherwood Forest Adventure Holiday Park including transport. The first prize is supplied by Forest Holidays (the “Supplier”) and the Promoter and will be subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Supplier and Promoter.
Sixty (60) runners up will each receive either a Leicester ZonePlus Family Day Saver m-ticket or Derby ZonePlus Family Day Saver m-ticket. The second prizes are subject to Arriva’s conditions of carriage and m-ticketing terms and conditions available to view at https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/about-us/conditions-of-carriage/ and https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/.
9. The winners will be the first sixty one (61) fully completed, correctly answered entries chosen by random draw from a computer process on 8th September 2017 ("Draw Date"). The first winner will receive the First Prize and the next sixty (60) winners will receive the Second Prize. Please note that all prizes will be selected from all entries irrespective of whether a Leicester or Derby treasure hunt has been completed.
10. Each winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before the 20th September. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within ten (10) days of being notified by the Promoter, then that winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
11. The first prize will be communicated to the relevant winner by email or phone and details provided in respect of booking the family stay within fourteen (14) days of that winner being notified of their win. The second prizes will be sent to the winners via a code to their smart phone handset (to the phone number provided on entry) within fourteen (14) days of the winners being notified of their win, this code can then be used to redeem against the full price of the relevant ZonePlus Family Day Saver m-ticket.
12. Each prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to replace a prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
14. Any costs incidental to the fulfilment of a prize shall be the responsibility of the winner other than the delivery of the same.
15. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
16. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
17. A list of the winners’ names and counties can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to B Hennelly, Arriva Passenger Services, Delta Way, Cannock, WS11 OXR or an email to [email protected] within fourteen (14) days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
18. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
21. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. Winners acknowledge that this may include any family members under the age of 18 that are participating in the uptake of a prize, and where applicable, the winners must ensure that they have obtained that child’s parents’ or guardians’ consent to appear in such publicity.
22. Unless participants have opted in to receive marketing information when submitting their entry, personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of a prize.
23. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. The Promoter of this prize draw is Arriva Midlands Limited of 4 Westmoreland Avenue, Thurmaston, Leicester LE4 8PH.