Find out what to do if you leave something on the bus, find something on the bus or are concerned about a suspicious package on the bus.
What to do if you think you've lost something on the bus
- If you think you have left something on an Arriva bus please contact our Customer Service team on 0344 800 44 11 (Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm).
What you will need to do
- You will need to be able to provide a full description of the item and the details of the journey you made when you left the item on the bus.
What will happen next
- Depending on the area we will either take the details and the local depot will call you back or we will put you straight through to the lost property department for that depot.
- If a depot is to call you back then they will generally do so within 24 hours of your initial contact with us.
- In some areas of the country we only call back if we have the item so if you have not heard back from us within 48 hours it would mean we do not have the item.
If we have your lost item
- If your property has been found then we will keep it safe for up to 28 days.
- However if it is food or perishable items we are not obliged to store them for any period of time.
Getting your lost item back
- Once we have identified that we have your lost item you will need to go to the depot to collect it.
- Opening times vary so please check with us at the time of your call.
- When collecting the item it may be necessary to show some sort of ID, especially if it is a high value item like a wallet/purse, mobile phone or computer.
- There may also be a small admin fee payable on collection, again you can check this with us at the time of your initial call.
What to do if you find something on an Arriva bus
- If you find something that somebody has left on the bus please hand it to the driver as you get off the bus.
- Treat an abandoned bag with suspicion.
- Don't touch it, but don't ignore it either.
- Please alert the driver immediately.