Amazing but true: over 100 items are left on our buses every day, so please remember to check you have all your belongings with you at all times.
If you are unfortunate enough to leave something behind, then here's some advice on what you can do.
What to do if you think you've lost something on the bus
- Try social media! Click here to find your regional Twitter or Facebook page. We've also introduced the hashtag #FindMeArriva that you can use when tweeting us. Our pages are monitored between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- Failing this, please use our Contact Us form to send us a message, start a Live Chat or give us a call.
What you will need to do
- You will need to be able to provide a full description of the item and the details of the journey you made when you left the item on the bus.
What will happen next
- Depending on the area we will either take the details and the local depot will contact you, or we will put you straight through to the lost property department for that depot.
- Depots will aim to contact you within 24 hours of your initial contact with us.
- In some areas of the country we only contact you if we have the item, so if you have not heard back from us within 48 hours it would mean we do not have the item.
If we have your lost item
- If your property has been found then we will keep it safe for up to 28 days.
- However if it is food or perishable items we are not obliged to store them for any period of time.
Getting your lost item back
- If we have your lost item you will need to go to the relevant depot to collect it.
- Depot opening times do vary so please check with us beforehand.
- When collecting the item it may be necessary to show some sort of ID, especially if it is a high value item like a wallet/purse, mobile phone, laptop, etc.
What to do if you find something on an Arriva bus
- If you find something that somebody has left on the bus please hand it to the driver as you get off the bus.
- Treat an abandoned bag with suspicion.
- Don't touch it, but don't ignore it either.
- Please alert the driver immediately.