Temporary changes to our bus timetables
Darlington, Middlesbrough, and Stockton from Sunday 12 June
Bus companies across the area have suffered from the UK-wide driver shortage over recent months, which has resulted in some last-minute cancellations to services within the area. Buses not turning up because of last-minute cancellations goes completely against our service standards and what passengers rightly expect from us. We do not want to let you down, and we are sorry if we have done recently.
As a result, we are making further temporary changes to the services and timetables that we operate, to ensure that we can provide the reliable service that passengers expect and need at this time.
We know that reducing timetables is not a perfect solution, nor do we consider it a permanent one, however the changes we are introducing are designed to ensure critical routes continue to be served, reliably. We feel this is the least disruptive option available to us.
These changes should mean we expect to have a suitable level of available drivers to operate the published timetable and to minimise disruption, whilst we work behind the scenes to recruit new drivers to help us restore our services back to normal frequencies.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our existing drivers, who continue to work extremely hard to run the level of service we do today. Their dedication is exemplary, and we would like to thank them for their continued efforts.
If you know a friend or relative who would like to drive their career forward with Arriva Northeast, do please let them know we are recruiting. We welcome applicants via arrivabusjobs.co.uk.
The full list of route and timetable changes is below.
Services 2/2A Red Hall to Branksome
- Monday to Saturday off peak journeys will be revised to operate every 20 minutes. Evening journeys between Red Hall and Branksome will run hourly after 2200 hours daily. Service 2A journeys serving Amazon at shift times will continue to run every 15 minutes. Some Monday to Friday peak time journeys will serve Lingfield Point to replace X67 journeys which are temporarily withdrawn (see X66/X67).
Services 3/3A Skerne Park-Darlington-Mowden/Harrowgate Hill
- Sunday daytime journeys between Skerne Park and Darlington will be reduced to operate hourly. No other changes on other days.
Service 4 Darlington – Minors Crescent
- Sunday daytime journeys will be reduced to operate hourly. No other changes on other days.
Service 8 Middlesbrough – Netherfields
- Monday to Friday daytime journeys will be reduced to operate every 12 minutes. No other changes on other days.
Service 9 Darlington – Springfield
- Sunday daytime journeys will reduce to run hourly, when combined with Service 10 this will continue to provide a 30-minute frequency between Haughton Road and Darlington. No other changes on other days.
Service 10 Darlington – Whinfield
- Sunday daytime journeys will reduce to run hourly, when combined with Service 9 this will continue to provide a 30-minute frequency between Haughton Road and Darlington. No other changes on other days.
Service 12 Teesside Airport – Hurworth
- The 0719 Monday to Friday journey from Teesside Airport will terminate at Darlington Town Centre. An additional journey will run at 0802 from Darlington to Hurworth.
- The 0807 Monday to Friday journey from Hurworth to Darlington will leave at 0817 and run 10 minutes later. No other changes on other days.
Services 13A/13B Darlington – Firth Moor
- Sunday daytime journeys will reduce to run hourly on each service combining into a frequency of every 30 minutes between Darlington and Firth Moor. No other changes on other days.
Service 15 Roseworth – Stockton – Thornaby-Ingleby Barwick
- Monday to Friday daytime journeys will reduce to operate every 15 minutes between Stockton and Thornaby Town Centre continuing every 30 minutes to either Bassleton Court or Ingleby Barwick. No other changes on other days.
Services X66/X67 Darlington – Middlesbrough
- Service X67 will be temporarily withdrawn.
- Service X66 will instead be increased to operate every 20 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes instead and all journeys will operate via Hartburn (as they currently do on evenings and Sundays), replacing Service X67 in this area.
- Journeys between Faverdale and Darlington will be temporarily withdrawn.
- The 2225 journey from Middlesbrough will now terminate at Hartburn on Monday to Saturday evenings.
- Customers travelling to Amazon can use service 2A from Darlington Town Centre, whilst Lingfield Point customers will now be served by a revised Service 2 route, via Lingfield Point, During Monday to Friday peak hours.
Full timetables for all changes listed above are now available on our website and journey planner.
We thank all our customers for their patience and understanding.