Service changes in Coalville and Ashby de la Zouch
From 3rd January 2021
We’re making changes to some of our services around Coalville and Ashby de la Zouch from 3rd January 2021.
These changes are focused on increasing frequencies and revising routes to sustainably maintaining key connections and include access to new housing developments.
Service 15: Coalville to Ibstock – See new timetable here
- Route will be extended to serve Ravenstone every hour Monday to Saturday. Buses will run a clockwise loop of Wash Lane, Leicester Road, Ashby Road, Hospital Lane, Main Street, and Church Lane.
- Buses will continue to connect Ibstock and Coalville every 30 minutes.
Service 26: Leicester to Coalville – See new timetable here
- Small changes to the timetable to improve punctuality, with no change to the route or frequency.
Service 29/29A: Leicester to Swadlincote – See new timetable here
- Buses serving Amazon will alter slightly, with more time allowed for you to board at Amazon on journeys towards Leicester.
- Service 29A will no longer call at Ravenstone. Service S29 school journeys to/from Ashby will continue and Ravenstone will now be served by the extended service 15 above. This will maintain the connection to Coalville every hour Monday to Saturday and give new links to Hugglescote, Ellistown and Ibstock.
- At Coleorton, we will now run direct via the A512 and will not divert via Church Town.
- Alternative bus stops are located at Lower Moor Road towards Coalville, and at The Cedars towards both Coalville and Ashby.
- S29 school journeys to/from Ashby will continue using their normal route as now.
- Both the 29 and 29A will follow the same, revised route between Ashby town centre and Swadlincote.
- Towards Swadlincote buses will run via Smisby Road, Marlborough Way, Burton Road (serving the new Health Centre), then through the new housing development at Bishop Hall Road, and onwards via Norris Hill and Blackfordby.
- Towards Ashby buses will run the reverse of this route.
- Buses in Marlborough Way towards Ashby/ Swadlincote as a result will use the bus stops on the opposite side of the road to current.
- Marlborough Way, Norris Hill, and Blackfordby will have an increased frequency with buses every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday.
- The bus stops at Ivanhoe Park Way and outside KP Snacks will no longer be served, but alternative bus stops are being provided on Smisby Road adjacent Northfields.
- Kilwardby Street and Moira Road will no longer be served between Derby Road and Bishop Hall Road, but alternative bus stops are available at Market Street (for Churchside Walk), Bishop Hall Road (for Abbey Drive), or Burton Road/Hill Street (for the Cemetery, use Midland Classic service 9).