Skilled Fitter - Tunbridge Wells
We are seeking to recruit a Skilled Fitter to work at our Tunbridge Wells depot, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager. The primary responsibility of the role is the maintenance and servicing of our fleet of buses to DVSA standards. The fleet is varied and comprises double decks, single decks and midi-buses. You will possess comprehensive engineering skills and be quality motivated, with proven experience of servicing and repairing vehicles, in addition to preventative maintenance. Applicants will also possess relevant engineering qualifications. You must demonstrate the ability to work to a high standard to meet the company policies and procedures in respect of vehicle repairs and maintenance. Applicants should possess excellent diagnostic skills and a solid understanding of Department of Transport / DVSA maintenance standards will be essential.
The successful candidate will be a motivated team player, who can work effectively unsupervised and use their own initiative to solve problems. Personal qualities should include:
- Flexible approach to hours of work, as the role will involve shift working
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
- Awareness and adherence to all health and safety matters
- Car licence essential
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Concessionary travel for employees, partner and children
- Arriva Village discounts at a variety of retail and entertainment outlets
- Career development opportunities
How to Apply
To apply please click the link below to apply direct.
Arriva is committed to diversity. If you’re good, you’re welcome.