Trainee Bus Driver
We have an amazing opportunity for Trainee Bus Drivers to join our team in our brand new Tunbridge Wells Depot.
Working as a valued and crucial member of our depot you’ll need to be self-motivated and comfortable working on your own, you’ll drive different routes in and around Kent, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations on time.
Enjoying lots of responsibility and variety, you’ll receive all the training and support you need to develop your skills, (Trainee) achieve your full potential and get a PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) bus licence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engaging with customers, making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey with us.
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times and to our high company standards attained during the paid training period.
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares.
- Training & qualifications.
Full, paid training to PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) bus licence standard will be provided, including:
- Training to pass modules 2, 3 and 4 of the PCV Driving Test.
- Vehicle and route familiarisation.
- Ticket machine and ticket type training.
- Introduction to company systems, procedures and policies.
Once you have passed through all the formalised training elements with our dedicated training team you will work with an experienced colleague who will support you in your early days as you settle in to your new role.
We also provide ongoing training to help you excel in your role and ensure you maintain your Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
To find out more about becoming a Bus Driver at Arriva follow the link below:
Qualifications and Skills
As a Bus Driver and Trainee Bus Driver at Arriva you are the face of our business. Our customers really love the friendly, service orientated nature of our Drivers so to be considered for this role you will need to have:
- A Full UK Manual Car Driving Licence and have been driving for a minimum of 12 months.
- Interpersonal skills – courteous, respectful, friendly.
- Great customer service skills – have an understanding what customer service means.
- Enjoy driving in and around Kent.
- Personal attributes - Reliable, trustworthy and flexible as we do operate on a shift/rota basis including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- No more than 6 points on your licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we'll give you all the reward and recognition you deserve. As well as a great salary and a whole host of flexible benefits such as:
- Company pension scheme.
- Job Security.
- Smart Uniform.
- Arriva Village Discount Scheme.
- Continuous career development.
- Up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
How to Apply
To apply, click the link https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/jobs/JobDetail/Bus-driver-Tunbridge-Wells/21733
Arriva Southern Counties, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6TXClosing Date: Sun 31 March, 2019
Reference Number: JH/TBTW
Arriva Southern Counties of Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, ME15 6TX is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Lara Scott-Ellis, Arriva plc, Lacon House, 84 Theobalds Road, London, WC1X 8NL