More frequent bus services for Kent Thameside
We're making changes to some of our bus routes and times in the Kent Thameside area from Sunday 9th August, with some big improvements across the area.
There will be more frequent buses for some parts of Kent Thameside, high-quality Sapphire buses for Riverview Park, brand-new buses for Fastrack services and new links for several areas.
Some services will be given new numbers and some routes will be linked differently.
To find out more about the changes click the tabs below.
The 'general overview' tab gives you a summary of the main changes and the service-by-service tab lists all our services in the Kent Thameside area, with full details of what is happening to your local bus route.
The other tabs summarise the changes specifically for those areas affected by the changes.
New timetable leaflets for the services that are altering will be available well in advance of the start date and the new times will be available online by mid-July.
We run a frequent service to Bluewater from across the Kent Thameside area, including our high-quality Sapphire and Fastrack services.
The changes from 9th August affecting Bluewater are as follows:
- Service 306 and 308 will only serve Bluewater on Monday to Saturday evenings and on Sundays. At other times they will run only between Gravesend and Sevenoaks.
- Services 495, 496, 498 and 499 will be completely revised and replaced by new services 481, 482 and 483.
- The 481 will link Bluewater with Pepper Hill, Waterdales, Mitchell Avenue, Dene Holm Road, Coldharbour Road, Perry Street, Gravesend, Denton and Riverview Park. It will run every thirty minutes for the main part of the day to and from Bluewater.
- The 483 will run between Bluewater, Swanscombe, Castle Hill, Ebbsfleet International Station, Pepper Hill, Landseer Avenue, Mulberry Road, Coldharbour Road, Perry Street, Gravesend, Echo Square, Kings Farm and Christianfields. Buses will run every fifteen minutes, with alternate buses serving either Springhead Park or Castle Hill.
- Service 433 that links Bluewater with Darent Valley Hospital, Darenth, Green Street Green, Longfield and New Ash Green will be reduced in frequency due to insufficient use being made of it and will run on a two-hourly frequency. Service 423 from Dartford to New Ash Green will continue to run hourly and there will be a half-hourly service between Longfield and New Ash Green by Services 423, 433 and 489.
- There will be minor changes to the times of Services 474 and 475 due to revised times at Longfield Academy.
- Sapphire Services 480/490 are being increased in frequency, with the main daytime service to Bluewater increased to run every fifteen minutes. Due to the popularity of the late night and early morning buses, the 490 will run twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, with a two-hourly service in the middle of the night between Dartford, Bluewater, Gravesend and Valley Drive. You can view the new Sapphire 480/490 map here.
- Fastrack Services A and B will be run by twenty-one brand-new high-specification low-carbon buses. Like the Sapphire buses, they will feature free Wi-Fi, three-pin and USB power points by each seat, next-stop audio-visual displays and eco-leather seats. In addition, the peak-time frequency of Fastrack B will be increased to run every nine minutes.