Arriva “Friendship Day” giveaway Terms and Conditions.
Prize draw terms and conditions: overview
- The giveaway will run on the Arriva Kent and Medway, Arriva Herts and Essex and Arriva Surrey Facebook pages.
- The giveaway is open to anyone living in the following network areas Arriva operate in: Kent, Surrey, Hertfordshire and Essex.
- The giveaway will start on Monday 30th May 2018 (the "Opening Date”) and will run until 5th August 23:59 (the "Closing Date”).
- One person for each Facebook page will be selected at random and will be notified on Monday 6th August. Failure to respond to Arriva by 19:00 on Friday 10th August will mean each recipient must forfeit the right to the prize.
- An entry will be counted as a person tagging a friend in the comments of the promotion Facebook status. Multiple comments will not be counted as multiple entries.
Full terms and conditions
1. The giveaway is run by Arriva UK Bus Ltd, Admiral Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XP.
2. The giveaway is not open to employees of both ‘Arriva Kent and Surrey’ and ‘Arriva Herts and Essex’ (and their immediate families), their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the giveaway.
3. By entering this giveaway, Entrants must be aware of and agree to be bound to these terms and conditions and any other terms of entry, rules or instructions as published.
Only will entry per person will be valid. Multiple comments on the promotional status will not be counted as multiple entries.
4. There will be one winner for each separate Facebook page, who will be notified on Friday 1st June at 10:00am, selected at random by the promoter, under the supervision of an independent person.
The Facebook pages hosting the giveaway can be found in the table below:
Kent and Medway
Herts and Essex
Entrants must live within the network areas of Kent, Hertfordshire, Essex or Surrey. Entrants who do not live in network areas and have entered face being disregarded from the draw.
5. The giveaway prize consists of the following: “1 x £15 Netflix voucher and a Cadbury chocolate hamper”.
6. The giveaway prize is as stated and no part of it can be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Promoter, the giveaway prize is not transferable and must be taken by the winner.
7. The Promoter, its agents and/ or affiliates reserve the right to substitute the giveaway prize for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond their control, without prior notification.
8. No purchase is necessary.
9. The winner will be contacted by the respective Facebook page and asked to email [email protected] with their full name and delivery address.
All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners of the giveaway prize but if they are declined or unclaimed by the winners, or if the winners cannot be contacted from the details supplied on their entry form by 19:00 on Friday 10th August, replacement winner(s) will be selected at random at the Promoter's discretion and will be notified by the Promoter by phone or email. The original entry/nomination will then be forfeited.
10. The first name and county of the giveaway prize winner will be available for three months from the Notification Date and can be obtained by emailing [email protected] with the subject headline ‘Friendship day giveaway’.
11. All Entrants agree not to discredit, denigrate or bring into disrepute the Promoter, its products and services or its business partners and confirm that they have no reason to believe that their participation in the giveaway will have such an effect.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the giveaway or any part of it without prior notice or compensation, where this is due to circumstances beyond its control.
13. The Promoter's decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies, agents and affiliates exclude responsibility and all liabilities for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Prize Draw and the Prize Draw Prize.
15. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with them, shall be governed by or construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries from third parties and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure to submit a valid entry by the Closing Date.
17. We reserve the right to amend or update these Terms and Conditions.
18. Any Entrant found not to comply with these terms and conditions or any other giveaway rules, instructions or requirements will be disqualified.
Use of data
19. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used properly and is kept securely. We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons.
20. Data collected for this giveaway will not be stored. It will only be used for the administering the giveaway – No data is shared with 3rd parties.