Changes to bus times in the Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells areas from 11th March 2018
New links, new times
We will be making a number of changes to our services in the Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells areas from 11th March, including new links, extended routes and, in Sevenoaks, revised service numbers and brand-new minibuses for the local routes.
Highlights of the changes are:
- the reintroduction of Service 6 linking East Peckham with Maidstone
- new links between Tonbridge, Knights Park and North Farm
- the reintroduction of a service linking Five Oak Green with Tunbridge Wells, Paddock Wood and East Peckham
- more frequent Service 285 buses to Hawkenbury, including a new Saturday service and the extension of the route beyond Tunbridge Wells town centre to serve Sainsbury’s, Showfields and Ramslye
- new commuter links between Chipstead and Sevenoaks Rail Station.
There will be additional buses to Tunbridge Wells Hospital and to Sainsbury’s and minor timetable changes to some other routes.
At Sevenoaks, the 402 will terminate at the bus station and the section of route between there and Dunton Green will be served by new minibus service 1. There will be more buses serving Sevenoaks Rail Station and the existing 452 will be replaced by new minibus service 2.
New services and new buses for Sevenoaks
We have invested in brand-new, fully-accessible minibuses for use on two new local routes in Sevenoaks - the 1 and the 2.
These will replace the existing 452 between Kemsing, Seal and Sevenoaks and the section of the 402 that covers the section of route between Sevenoaks, Riverhead and Dunton Green.
As well as the new minibuses, we have increased the number of buses serving Sevenoaks Rail Station - ideal for commuters - and our great-value Sevenoaks day, weekly and four-weekly tickets give good savings over the cost of paying to park your car at the station. You can even buy your ticket using your mobile phone.
Commuters from the Chipstead area will also benefit from direct buses linking the village with the station during the morning peak period and back again in the evening.
School bus services
To simplify the numbering of school services to Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells schools, some of our services will use new numbers from 11th March. Some of these include letter suffixes to denote which school the bus is serving and the renumbering is part of an exercise by Kent County Council to reduce the large number of service numbers used on school buses by a variety of bus companies in the area.
Service-by-service guide to the changes:
1: Sevenoaks - Dunton Green - Ryewood
- This new service will run on Mondays to Saturdays between Dunton Green, Ryewood and Sevenoaks Bus Station, replacing the current 402 over that section of route
- Between the Bus Station and Sevenoaks Rail Station, buses will run via Tubs Hill and Pembroke Road in both directions instead of via St. Botolph’s Road
- During the main part of the day buses will run every 30 minutes
- Prior to 0900 hours on Mondays to Fridays buses will run via Chipstead village for the benefit of commuters travelling to Sevenoaks Station and the buses back from Sevenoaks between 1600 and 1940 hours will also run via Chipstead.
- One bus in each direction will extend beyond Sevenoaks Bus Station to serve Trinity School.
2: Sevenoaks - Bat & Ball - Seal - Kemsing - Noah’s Ark
- This new service will run on Mondays to Saturdays between Noah’s Ark, Kemsing, Seal, Bat & Ball, Sevenoaks Station and the Bus Station, replacing the current 452
- The main daytime frequencies will be every thirty minutes on Mondays to Fridays and hourly on Saturdays
- Between Bat & Ball and Sevenoaks Bus Station, buses will run in both directions via Mount Harry Road, Sevenoaks Rail Station, Tubs Hill and Pembroke Road instead of via St. Botolph’s Road
- Some buses will serve Knole Academy and Trinity School.
6/6A: Tunbridge Wells - East Peckham - Maidstone
- The timetable will be completely revised and a direct link will be reinstated between Tunbridge Wells, East Peckham and Maidstone following requests from our customers, as will a link to Five Oak Green.
- Service 6 will run hourly on Mondays to Saturdays via the existing route through Matfield between Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone. One bus in each direction will continue to run to and from Invicta Grammar School. As a result of service 6 being extended to Maidstone, Service 66 will no longer run.
- An additional Service 6 bus will run on Mondays to Fridays during school holidays at 0640 hours from Tunbridge Wells Rail Station to East Peckham.
- Service 6A will continue to run hourly between Tunbridge Wells and East Peckham but from Pembury it will run via Stonecourt Lane, Colts Hill, Five Oak Green and Mascalls Road to Paddock Wood instead of via Matfield.
- The 6 and 6A will, together, provide two buses an hour between Tunbridge Wells and East Peckham
- On Mondays to Saturdays all Service 6 and 6A buses will run in East Peckham via Church Lane, Pound Road and Old Road in both directions. On Sundays they will run a one-way loop from Branbridges Road via Hale Street, Church Lane and Old Road.
7: Tunbridge Wells - Tonbridge - Maidstone
To improve reliability, the Schooldays bus at 0700 hours from Tunbridge Wells to Maidstone will run to revised times between Oakwood Park and Maidstone, arriving at the Bus Station at 0831.
66: East Peckham - Wateringbury - Maidstone Hospital
Due to lack of use and the extension of Service 6 to run through to Maidstone, this service will no longer run.
School Service 77: West Malling - Kings Hill - Hadlow - Tonbridge - Bennett Memorial School
This service will be renumbered 77B.
School Service 147: Kings Hill - Hadlow - North Tonbridge - Tonbridge - Bennett Memorial School
Journeys serving Bennett Memorial School will be renumbered 147B.
School service 148 West Malling - Kings Hill - Hadlow - Weald of Kent School or Hayesbrook School.
- The 0722 hours bus from West Malling to Hayesbrook School will be renumbered 77C
- The 1550 hours bus from Weald of Kent School to West Malling will be renumbered 77A.
School Service 148A: Kings Hill - Hadlow - Pinnacles - Tonbridge - Weald of Kent School
- There is no change to this service.
218/219: North Tonbridge - Tonbridge - Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- The timetable will be completely revised
- On Mondays to Saturdays off-peak buses will be extended beyond Tunbridge Wells Hospital to run to Knights Park and North Farm, giving new links to the retail park from Tonbridge
- The main daytime frequencies will be revised to run every 20 minutes on each route on Mondays to Fridays and every 30 minutes on Saturdays, giving combined frequencies of every 10 and every 15 minutes respectively.
School Service 257: Hawkenbury - Tunbridge Wells - Cross Keys Schools
The afternoon bus will no longer run due to insufficient use having been made of it.
277: Tunbridge Wells - Sherwood - North Farm - Knights Park - Tunbridge Wells Hospital
- The timetable will be completely revised
- The main daytime frequency will be revised to every 20 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays and every thirty minutes on Sundays with most buses running through from Sainsbury’s to Tunbridge Wells Hospital, giving more buses to North Farm, Knights Park, the hospital and Sainsbury’s.
281: Rusthall - Tunbridge Wells - High Brooms
The timetable will be revised to improve reliability but there will be no changes to the main frequencies.
285: Tunbridge Wells - Forest Road - Hawkenbury
- The timetable will be revised to give an improved frequency of every thirty minutes and will also run on Saturdays.
- The route will also be extended beyond Tunbridge Wells Station to serve Sainsbury’s, Showfields and Ramslye, running in a clockwise loop around the two estates and then via Eridge Road back to Sainsbury’s and the town.
School Service 286: Tunbridge Wells - Southborough - Speldhurst - Groombridge - Hartfield - Colemans Hatch
The 1541 hours bus from Tunbridge Wells (St. John’s Road) to Colemans Hatch will start from the Rail Station at the existing time of 1547.
School Service 400: Westerham - Sevenoaks - Tonbridge - Weald of Kent School
- The timetable will be revised to improve reliability and the route will be adjusted in Sevenoaks to run via the bus station to improve connections.
- This service will be renumbered 402W.
402: Tunbridge Wells - Tonbridge - Sevenoaks - Dunton Green
- The main service will be revised to run between Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks Bus Station only and the timetable will be adjusted to improve reliability
- The section of route between Sevenoaks and Dunton Green will be replaced by new Service 1.
- School services 400 and 502 will be renumbered 402W and 402B respectively, the suffix letters denoting that they serve Bennett Memorial School (B) or Weald of Kent School (W).
School Service 403: Dunton Green - Sevenoaks - Tonbridge Schools
There will be minor changes to the timetable to improve reliability.
452: Kemsing - Seal - Bat & Ball - Sevenoaks
This service will be replaced by new minibus Service 2.
School Service 502 Riverhead -Bennett Memorial School
This service will be renumbered 402B
School Service 572: Hildenborough - Tonbridge - Weald of Kent School
The 1555 hours bus from Weald of Kent School to Watts Cross will run five minutes later.