16-21 Young Adult Tickets
Ae you aged between 16 and 21 years old? We have just the ticket for you saving an incredible 30%
Save money every month with an Arriva ticket
The 16-21 Young Adult tickets offer big discounts on monthly tickets that allow unlimited travel on Arriva buses across the area of your choice.
By purchasing your ticket monthly you will cut your travel costs and you can spread the cost of payment with a monthly direct debit.
The tickets are valid seven days a week and, don't forget, the more you travel, the more you save!
Choose your zone
There are five different zones to choose from across Essex covering the main urban areas in which Arriva operates.
In the list below, you can see the area covered by each ticket by clicking the zone names in the left-hand column.
Check you’re saving
The monthly cost for each zone, based on the cost of an annual ticket spread over twelve separate payments, is shown in the middle column and you can see how much you will save compared to the normal price of a four-weekly ticket for the same zone.
The monthly payments represent a saving of approximately 30% over the cost of buying four-weekly tickets!
What tickets are available and how much will I save?
|Zone||4-Weekly ticket price||Monthly price||Annual cost|
|Bishop's Stortford (Stansted)||£60||£42.00||£504||Buy now|
|Essex and Stortford||£80||£56.00||£672||Buy now|
If you are unsure what zone is best for you, email [email protected]
When will I get my ticket?
Direct debit payments are restricted to two dates, either the 1st or 15th of each month and ticket will be sent out the next day, but will be dated nine days later to make sure you receive it in time.
You can purchase your ticket online. All tickets are delivered by post and will take up to nine working days to arrive. Therefore your ticket will be dated nine days after the direct debit date. If you would like your ticket on your mobile (you will need the Arriva m-ticket app) and tick mobile ticket option on the direct debit sign up page.
When travelling with this new ticket you must have ID to prove you age to validate the ticket.
How the scheme works
It is a simple 2-step process to sign-up to the 16-21 Young Adult Ticket:
STEP 1: Order your ticket online by choosing your zone and completing the direct debit information!
To purchase an annual ticket via Direct Debit, complete the online application form by clicking here - you will need your bank account details. By clicking through you agree to the Terms & Conditions outlined below.
- Payments are taken on the 1st or 15th of each month
- For payments on the 1st, tickets are dispatched and commence on 10th of the month
- Payments made on the 15th are dispatched and commence on 25th of each month
- Please note that only one direct debit date may be available to select for payment at a time
STEP 2: Receive your season ticket in the post each month.
If you have any queries about the 16-21 Young Adult Ticket or about which zone you need please email [email protected]
To access a list of Arriva timetables
Terms and Conditions of Use
By setting up your direct debit you accept the terms and conditions as set out below.
- The contract is a rolling one month contract and you are free to cancel your direct debit at any time.
- No refunds will be given for part usage of a month’s travel and you will be responsible for funds being available in your account to be entitled to receive your ticket.
- Tickets are non-transferable and only valid to the purchaser.
- Lost or damaged tickets are the responsibility of the owner and while Arriva will do their best to provide a replacement for lost or stolen tickets they cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience or financial loss accruing from the loss or otherwise of your ticket.
- Tickets are valid only on Arriva buses and are subject to the presentation of a valid ID when boarding or challenged by a revenue inspector.
- Failure to show your ID may result in refusal to board the bus and/or confiscation of your ticket.
- All other standard Arriva terms and conditions also apply.