Universities at Medway student travel
Make your money go further, save up to £760!
We know saving money is a priority for students. You want to be spending all of your money on better things than just getting to and from lectures.
Our student saver ticket range offers great savings of up to 80% for students and staff. Unlimited travel, all day every day.
Available online or through our m-ticket app, our tickets allow unlimited travel on most Arriva services in Kent for periods of four weeks, three months and a full academic year*.
The tickets are available to student and staff at the University of Greenwich, University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University (Medway campuses).
For a full list of services, click here for the South East zone map.
How to get the discount
To qualify for the discount you will need to carry out the following steps –
- Obtain a promotional code from your university
- You will then need to visit the Arriva website here, add the ticket you want to your basket and enter the promotional code given by your university. The ticket price will then update to the discounted price.
- Please ensure when buying your ticket that your student ID is valid for the period of travel covered by your ticket.
- When you travel you will need to show your student or staff ID to the driver.
* Academic year tickets runs from 1st September 2016 to 31st August 2017 or from 1st January to 31st December 2017. For staff the ticket is for one year and can start from any date.
Alternatively, you can purchase your tickets direct from your university’s website by clicking on the logo below:
- Chatham Rail Station and Chatham Waterfront Bus Station to universities Students can buy from the driver a single ticket for just £1.20 when showing valid ID.
- Liberty Quays to Dockyard Main Gate (Service 191 only) via campus Students can buy from the driver a single ticket for just £1 when shown valid ID.
Services run direct from Liberty Quays to campus and from Chatham Rail and Bus Stations to the main gate as shown on the below map: