Medway Council Employer Travel Club
Join the club and save on monthly tickets by direct debit
Great travel deals for Medway Council Staff
Save money every month with an Arriva ticket
Medway Council have teamed up with Arriva to encourage its staff to travel to work in the most environmentally-friendly way.
By working in partnership with Arriva you can take advantage of big discounts on monthly tickets that allow unlimited travel on Arriva buses across the area of your choice.
By purchasing your ticket monthly you will cut your travel costs and you can spread the cost of payment with a monthly direct debit.
The tickets are valid seven days a week and, don't forget, the more you travel, the more you save!
- Unlimited bus travel every month in the zone(s) of your choice
- Payment by monthly direct debit
- Quick and easy to join
- Tickets sent direct to your mobile phone
- Up to two children travel free with the ticket holder at weekends and bank holidays (paper tickets only)
Choose your zone
There are two different zones to choose from. Medway zone covers all towns and villages in the Medway Towns as far as Bridgewood roundabout, ASDA, Wouldham, Higham and Parkfields. South East zone allows travel on all Arriva buses in Kent and into East Sussex.
In the list below, you can see the area covered by each ticket by clicking the zone names in the left-hand column.
Check your saving
The monthly cost for each zone, based on the cost of an annual ticket spread over twelve separate payments, is shown in the right-hand column and you can see how much you will save compared to the normal price of a four-weekly ticket for the same zone.
The monthly payments exclusively for Medway Council staff represent a saving of approximately 33% over the cost of buying four-weekly tickets!
What tickets are available and how much will I save?
4 Weekly ticket price
Staff monthly price
|South East (Kent and East Sussex)||£95.00||£63.75|
How the scheme works
It is a simple 2-step process to sign-up to the Employer Travel Club:
STEP 1: Order your ticket online by choosing your zone and completing the direct debit information!
To purchase an annual ticket via Direct Debit, complete the online application form by clicking here - you will need your bank account details. By clicking through you agree to the Terms & Conditions outlined below.
- Payments are taken on the 1st or 15th of each month
- For payments on the 1st, tickets are dispatched and commence on 12th of the month
- Payments made on the 15th are dispatched and commence on 25th of each month
- Please note that only one direct debit date may be available to select for payment at a time
STEP 2: Receive your season ticket in the post each month.
If you have any queries about the Employer Travel Club or about which zone you need please email [email protected]
To access a list of Arriva timetables
Terms and Conditions of Use
By setting up your direct debit you accept the terms and conditions as set out below.
- The contract is a rolling one month contract and you are free to cancel your direct debit at any time.
- No refunds will be given for part usage of a month’s travel and you will be responsible for funds being available in your account to be entitled to receive your ticket.
- Tickets are non-transferable and only valid to the purchaser.
- The holder of the ticket must show their Medway Council ID Card when traveling.
- Lost or damaged tickets are the responsibility of the owner and while Arriva will do their best to provide a replacement for lost or stolen tickets they cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience or financial loss accruing from the loss or otherwise of your ticket.
- Tickets are valid only on Arriva buses and are subject to the presentation of a valid staff pass when boarding or challenged by a revenue inspector.
- Failure to show your staff pass may result in refusal to board the bus and/or confiscation of your ticket. Arriva will endeavour to return confiscated tickets on the presentation of a valid staff pass corresponding to the ticket but cannot be held responsible for any losses arising from refusal to board or confiscation of a ticket due to failure to show a valid staff pass corresponding to the ticket used for travel.
- All other standard Arriva terms and conditions also apply.