New times for Colchester services from 30th October 2016
Start Date: 30/10/2016
We will be making some adjustments to the times of our buses in the Colchester area to improve reliability. There will also be some improved Sunday services.
We'll be improving some Sunday services with more frequent buses and making some adjustments to weekday times to improve reliability.
We will also be altering the 133 so that it will run only between Braintree and Stansted Airport, with the exception of a couple of journeys that will continue to run to and from Colchester.
Full details of the changes are shown below and the service headings link to the new timetables.
1/1A Shrub End - Town Centre - Greenstead
- The Monday to Saturday times will be adjusted to improve reliability and the ten-minute daytime frequency will continue.
- A new half-hourly Sunday service will run on the 1, combining with the existing Sunday 1A that is provided by First for Essex County Council to give a fifteen-minute frequency.
2 Highwoods - Colchester Hospital - Town Centre - Horkesley Heath
- The Monday to Friday timetable will be adjusted to improve reliability and there will be an improved early morning frequency
- The Saturday timetable will be revised to run every 20 minutes to match the service more closely to demand
- At Highwoods, buses will run to Tesco's via Eastwood Drive instead of via Mill Road and Gavin Way.
- Service 2 will no longer serve Boxted due to very poor usage of the buses that extend beyond Horkesley Heath to Boxted.
8 Highwoods - Colchester Hospital - Town Centre - Monkwick
- The Monday to Saturday timetable will be adjusted to improve reliability but the service will continue to run every ten minutes for the main part of the day on Mondays to Fridays and every 12 minutes on Saturdays
- The Sunday frequency will be doubled to run every thirty minutes instead of hourly and will run the full route between Highwoods and Monkwick, giving an additional Sunday service between the town and Highwoods via the hospital, Turner Road and Mill Road.
133 Colchester - Braintree - Stansted Airport
Due to insufficient use being made of the section of route between Colchester and Braintree, this service will be revised to provide an hourly service between Braintree and Stansted Airport.
The only buses serving Colchester will run at the following times but will no longer serve the University of Essex or Colchester College and will run along the main road at Marks Tey:
- 0220 and 0520 hours from Colchester Bus Station to Stansted Airport, seven days a week
- 1830 and 0005 hours from Stansted Airport to Colchester on Mondays to Fridays
- 1815 and 0015 hours from Stansted Airport to Colchester on Saturdays and Sundays.