Senior Duty Manager
Arriva Southern Counties are recruiting a Senior Duty Manager to work as part of the management team to ensure the smooth running of the operation at the depot.
Managing our team of drivers you will ensure high levels of service are maintained and deal with all aspects of team management within your area. This is a people and customer focused role, ensuring service delivery is maintained whilst creating and nurturing an engaged team of bus drivers.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible in their approach and must demonstrate enthusiasm in leading and motivating a team of Drivers to improve service quality and customer satisfaction with the ability to take charge of a variety of situations, dealing with colleagues and members of the public in a positive manner.
You should have sound operational knowledge, as you will play a leading role in investigating service problems, accidents and health and safety issues. You will therefore need to possess excellent report writing skills and be computer literate. Applicants must also be in possession of a valid PCV licence. The normal hours of work will be on a shift rota, with various start times consisting of early / late shifts, including weekends / Bank Holidays, so flexibility is a necessity.
Key requirements of the role also include:
Computer literate, competent using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead and mentor a team of drivers
- PCV licence holder
- Flexible, willing and adaptable with experience managing a small team
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with external stakeholders, customers and client
In return we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Company pension scheme (including the option to join the Final Salary Pension scheme, subject to terms and conditions)
- Good overtime opportunities
- Up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Variety of training and development opportunities
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
How to Apply
Arriva Southern Counties, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6TXClosing Date: Fri 28 September, 2018
Reference Number: JH/SDMHH
Arriva Southern Counties of Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, ME15 6TX is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Lara Scott-Ellis, Arriva plc, Lacon House, 84 Theobalds Road, London, WC1X 8NL.