Fleet Engineer - Herts and Essex
Covering Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Ware, Harlow, Colchester and Southend
Arriva Southern Counties, which forms part of Arriva’s UK Bus division, and locally operates some 750 buses and employs over 2000 staff in an area stretching from Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent and Medway to the Surrey / Hampshire border.
Here at Arriva we expect all our staff to deliver outstanding customer service, putting people first, acting with trust and respect and working collaboratively to deliver successful results.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Fleet Engineer to join our teams in Herts and Essex with responsibility for six depots in this region operating 258 PCVs, fleet maintenance and team management of both Engineering Managers, fitters, technicians and cleaner/fueller/shunters within those depots.
You will manage the engineering budget across all depots, ensuring you gain maximum efficiencies within the regional operation. Experience within buses is preferred and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of managing a similar operation. An understanding of the legislation surrounding commercial fleet maintenance (including Health and Safety) with the ability to identify areas for improvement and drive change within the team leading from the front.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the role is also responsible to the Area Managing Director, so the ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively at all levels, influence and advise on issues analysing data and spend effectively.
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial fleet maintenance
- Understanding of relevant legislation and compliance
- Influencing skills with the ability to drive change through positive action
- Previous experience of managing budgets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and utilise all available resource effectively
- To take a pro-active role in the continuous improvement process applied to vehicle and operational equipment inspection, servicing and repair processes and associated documentation
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement
- To demonstrate safety, integrity and commitment at all times
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- High level of computer literacy across MS Office 2010
- Logical approach to problem solving and methodical investigation techniques
- Competitive rates of pay and company car scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to “The Village”, discounts on entertainment and retail outlets
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Variety of training and development opportunities
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply, rather than completing the form below:
or contact Jane High by email on [email protected]
Jane High, Arriva Southern Counties, Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, Kent. ME15 6TXClosing Date: Fri 09 November, 2018
Reference Number: 29308
Arriva is committed to diversity. If you’re good, you’re welcome.