Engineering Manager - Hemel Hempstead
Arriva Southern Counties, which forms part of Arriva’s UK Bus division, and locally operates some 750 buses and employs over 2000 staff in an area stretching from Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent and Medway to the Surrey / Hampshire border.
Here at Arriva we expect all our staff to deliver outstanding customer service, putting people first, acting with trust and respect and working collaboratively to deliver successful results.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in Hemel Hempstead with responsibility for the depot, fleet maintenance and team management of both technicians and cleaner/fueller/shunters.
You will manage the engineering budget, ensuring you gain maximum efficiencies within the operation. Experience within buses is not essential however, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of managing a similar operation, and understanding of the legislation surrounding commercial fleet maintenance with the ability to identify areas for improvement and drive change within the team leading from the front.
Reporting to the depot General Manager, the role is also responsible to the Engineering Director, so the ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively at all levels, influence and advise on issues analysing data and spend effectively.
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial fleet maintenance
- Understanding of relevant legislation and compliance
- Influencing skills with the ability to drive change through positive action
- Previous experience of managing budgets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and utilise all available resource effectively
In return we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Company pension scheme (including the option to join the Final Salary Pension scheme, subject to terms and conditions)
- Good overtime opportunities
- Up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Variety of training and development opportunities
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
How to Apply
Arriva Southern Counties, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6TXClosing Date: Fri 30 November, 2018
Reference Number: R-003095
Arriva Southern Counties of Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, ME15 6TX is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Lara Scott-Ellis, Arriva plc, Lacon House, 84 Theobalds Road, London, WC1X 8NL.