Hertfordshire & Essex
August/September 2018 intake Get Paid, Get Experienced, Get Qualified
Arriva Southern Counties is part of Arriva’s UK Bus division and locally operates some 750 buses in an area stretching from north Essex, across Kent and Medway to the Surrey / Hertfordshire.
Join Arriva and ENGINEER YOUR CAREER in the upwards direction. We offer some of the biggest opportunities and we’re always looking for fresh talent which means you could join us as an Apprentice Engineer. It takes a real team to keep our buses running every day of the week. Everyone is important in helping us keep our buses well maintained and in tip-top condition and that’s why you will be well rewarded and looked after.
Come and join our team.
We are looking to recruit four Mechanical/Electrical Apprentices and One Coach Builder Apprentice to be based at our South East Depots.
- Harlow – 1 Mechanical
- Southend - 1 Mechanical
- Hemel Hempstead – 1 Mechanical and 1 Electrical
What we require from you:
- An interest in fixing vehicles (essential).
- Some mechanical skills (advantageous).
- The ability to get a car driving licence and a PCV licence (to drive buses to where they need to be fixed).
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Be a team player.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Be able to think on your feet and work through solutions to solving problems.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be motivated and eager to do a good job.
- Possess 5 GCSEs or equivalent which must incl. Maths, English and a Science subject with a minimum pass of Grade C.
As an Apprentice you will assist with day to day duties in our workshop environments, whilst also working towards a recognised qualification.
The position consists of both “on and off the job” learning, it involves 3 to 4 weeks block placements at our Training Academy, with up to eleven weeks a year required attendance, working towards an NVQ Level 3 and Technical Certificate in Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance, or higher awards.
The Arriva Edmonton Engineering Training Academy is located at
Unit 1E, Towpath Road, Stonehill Business Park, Edmonton N18 3QX
- An excellent remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays).
- Training, development and career opportunities to include IRTEC Certification and PCV Licence attainment.
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply below with CV and covering letter, quoting reference: LC/SE-EA
Closing Date: Tue 12 June, 2018
Reference Number: LC/EAHE
Arriva Southern Counties of Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, ME15 6TX is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.