The safety and reliability of our buses is vital in making sure we can provide the highest levels of service to our customers.
We are recruiting for a Skilled PCV/HGV Electrician to assist with diagnostics and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures .
Join Arriva at Hemel Hempstead depot and ENGINEER YOUR CAREER in the upwards direction. With IRTEC accreditation and training as well as a full career path through to Engineering Manager and beyond, Arriva is the place to work.
You will possess good diagnostic skills and will be quality motivated, have experience of inspecting, servicing and repairing vehicles, in addition to preventative maintenance. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work to high standards set by the company to ensure road worthiness.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Vehicle fault diagnostic & repair.
- To fully comply with all HS&E legislation along with Arriva policies.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
Technical Knowledge & Training
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (ie City & Guilds level 1 & 2)
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment.
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems including engine management, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, electronic braking, suspension, electronic destinations, multiplex wiring systems and ECU control systems.
- To be familiar and be able to demonstrate your knowledge of all relevant diagnostic equipment including multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, vernier gauges and ECU diagnostic computer equipment.
- To have basic skills in gas and electric welding.
This position requires shift working on a 5 over 7 basis, Monday to Friday; early shift and late shift.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Company pension scheme
- Arriva Village Discount Scheme
- Up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Variety of training and development opportunities
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
How to Apply
To apply please click the link below to apply direct
Arriva Southern Counties of Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, ME15 6TX is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Lara Scott-Ellis, Arriva plc, Lacon House, 84 Theobalds Road, London, WC1X 8NL.