Assistant Engineering Manager - Stevenage
Arriva Southern Counties have a vacancy for the role of Assistant Engineering Manager at its Stevenage depot.
The main role of the Assistant Engineering Manager is to support the Engineering Manager in all matters affecting the day-to-day running of the engineering operation at garages and to deputise for the Engineering Manager in their absence. This challenging role involves ensuring the running of an efficient & effective engineering operation, meeting agreed targets set by Arriva Southern Counties, Arriva plc, DVSA and delivering the brand promise “committed to delivering a better service”
The Assistant Engineering Manager is part of a team led by the Engineering Director, General Manager and Chief Engineer, which work together to resolve the practical and engineering issues facing the fleet.
- Assisting the Engineering Manager with ensuring the engineering operation runs effectively, efficiently and meets both Company and legislative targets. This includes ensuring the garage peak vehicle requirement is met and maintained and vehicles are presented for service to the required standard.
- Dealing with the maintenance, health and safety and environmental impact of Company premises and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Assisting the Engineering Manager to manage staffing levels, recruitment, training, management, communication and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements. This includes absence and performance management.
- To ensure all staff work safely and the garage operates in accordance with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Assisting the Engineering Manager to ensure financial budgets and targets are met, reducing waste and improving efficiency wherever possible.
- Ensuring audit compliance.
- Effective and efficient administration as record keeping and processing paperwork is an essential part of this role.
The successful applicant will have evidence of excellent communication skills, a knowledge of engineering procedures and health and safety legislation, have good knowledge of engineering technical skills, be adaptable, analytical, organised, have evidence of achievement, and have successful experience of or the potential and drive to develop and manage staff; intermediate level of IT skills would be desirable. The ability to add value and move the business forward is also important.
The ideal candidate will display and encourage in others the Arriva brand behaviours. Previous supervisory experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible and prepared to take up position in any Arriva Southern Counties location as required by the business. Appointments will be subject to completion of a satisfactory period of probation.
Applicants must have a history of excellent overall performance and conduct to be considered for this position.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Continuous career development.
- Company pension scheme.
- Up to 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply directly at https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/jobs/JobDetail/Assistant-Engineering-Manager-Stevenage/27695
Arriva Southern Counties, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6TXClosing Date: Wed 31 October, 2018
Reference Number: R-003027
Arriva Southern Counties of Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone, ME15 6TX is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Lara Scott-Ellis, Arriva plc, Lacon House, 84 Theobalds Road, London, WC1X 8NL.