Child and Student 'Pay Monthly' Saver ticket
for Herts & Essex
Off to the cinema? Meeting friends? Shopping at the weekend? Travel to work? Unlimited travel 24/7
If you are under-16 or between 17 and 21 and in full-time education, Child and Student Saver tickets from Arriva offer you unlimited travel across the whole of the Arriva the Hertfordshire network or just on your local bus routes.
Once you have completed your direct debit commitment, you can take advantage of the massive savings on buying an annual ticket but have the convenience of spreading the cost by a direct debit monthly payment.
- Child Tickets are available up to 16 years of age or until the end of the academic year 11
- Student Tickets are available for ages 17 to 21. Students must have ID or college card. Failure to produce will mean the normal adult fare will need to be paid.
Students in receipt of a Hertfordshire County Council Saver Card are able to purchase a child ticket up to the age of 18 and in full-time education. Saver Cards are issued and purchased from Hertfordshire County Council. You will be asked to produce your Saver Card with your ticket each journey; failure to do so will result in full adult fare being applied.
How it works
An annual ticket can be purchased on a monthly basis via Direct Debit for a full academic year benefiting from the discount of an annual ticket with the added convenience of paying monthly.
- Tickets are available to purchase until 1 December 2016; we cannot accept any further application until the new academic year
- For payments commencing 15th of November 7 further payments will follow
- For payments commencing 15th December, 6 further payments will follow
- FINAL deadline to arrange your direct debit is 1 December 2016
- Monthly payment is divided into an academic 10 month year. For example an annual ticket cost of £609.00 will equal to £60.90 per month.
- The direct debit payment will be taken on the 15th of each month
- Your ticket will commence on the 25th of the same month and expire midnight on the 24th of the following month. This will run continually each month until the last payment being June 15th.
- Your ticket will be sent directly to your home each month
- Child/Student’s name will be detailed on the back of the ticket
- Your last ticket will be valid from 25 June to 24 July 2017 as long as all payments have been made up to 15th June.
- Your payment will remain the same each month
- This scheme is valid on all Arriva buses in Hertfordshire with the All Zone Shires zone also covering Beds and Bucks
- If your direct debit fails or is cancelled you will not receive your ticket for the following month
- Please report lost tickets to [email protected] immediately, a replacement ticket will be sent to you and a fee of £25 will be added to your next direct debit.
Our ticket zones
Child and Student Education Saver ticket prices
Arriva Bus App
The Arriva Bus App gives access to all you need to know when you're out and about on the buses - Live Map, Trip Planner, timetables and much more! Don't leave home without it.
Find out more about the Arriva Bus App