Social Media House Rules
By using or accessing our social media page, we request you to comply with our Social Media House Rules which are detailed below.
Arriva’s Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram pages provide a place to discuss Arriva’s brand and service, service updates and any news. The following guidelines are designed to help provide a quality environment for our fans and followers. Please take a minute to read them and keep them in mind whenever you participate.
By using or accessing our social media page, you agree to comply with Facebook’s, YouTube's, Instagram’s and Twitter’s terms and conditions.
While we are grateful to hear from everyone, it is important to note that postings by fans to Arriva’s page do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Arriva, nor does Arriva confirm their accuracy. We understand that public transport is a subject many of you are passionate about – a passion we share. We welcome all questions and commentary, including constructive feedback. We don’t take decisions on moderating posts lightly. But we do expect that participants post content and commentary that is both relevant and respectful to this community as a whole and to the people moderating the page. Arriva reserves the right to remove any posts that don’t adhere to our guidelines and to block anyone who violates them repeatedly.
Specifically, we do not tolerate these kinds of posts:
- Abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- Defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- Hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs
- Fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion
- Violations of any intellectual property rights
- Uploading files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
- Commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
- Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- Posts that contain personal data
Arriva is committed to delivering a high standard of service for its customers, but also takes the health, safety and welfare of its employees very seriously. We will therefore protect our employees from any form of unacceptable behavior online from fans, followers, customers or the general public, especially trolling and any form of online bullying. This includes naming them, posting their addresses on public forums or posting their pictures online etc. Arriva reserves the right to delete any such comments from its social media pages and permanently ban users.