Hart Group Child and Student 'Pay Monthly' Saver ticket
for Herts, Beds and Bucks
The Hart group is working in partnership with Arriva the Shires are offering all students the opportunity of purchasing student ticket, paid on a monthly Direct Debit, if your child or you are a student of the following school or college, see below for full details.
Da Vinci School of Science http://science.davinci-school.co.uk/
Da Vinci school of Creative Enterprise. http://creative.davinci-school.co.uk/
Thomas Alleyne School http://www.tas.herts.sch.uk/
North Hertfordshire College http://www.nhc.ac.uk/
Off to the cinema? Meeting friends? Shopping at the weekend? Travel to work? Unlimited travel 24/7
If you are aged between 17 and 21, in full-time education, Child and Student Saver tickets from Arriva offer you unlimited travel across the whole of the Arriva the Shires network or just on your local bus routes.
Once you have completed your direct debit commitment can take advantage of the massive savings on buying an annual ticket but have the convenience of spreading the cost by a direct debit monthly payment.
- The Student and Child Saver is available for those aged between 17 and 21 years who are in full time education
- Child Tickets are available up to 16 years of age or until the end of the academic year 11
- Student Tickets are available for ages 17 to 21. Students must have ID or college card. Failure to produce will mean the normal adult fare will need to be paid
- Hertfordshire students please see the special note below.
How it works
The Student Saver Ticket or Child Saver Ticket
An annual ticket can be purchased on a monthly basis via Direct Debit for a full academic year benefiting from the discount of an annual ticket with the added convenience of paying monthly.
- Tickets are available to purchase from 15 January 2016 until 15 June 2016; we cannot accept any further application until the new academic year
- For payments commencing 15 January 2016, 5 further payments will follow
- For payments commencing 15 February 2016, 4 further payments will follow
- FINAL deadline to arrange your direct debit is 5 February 2016
- Monthly payment is divided into an academic 10 month year. For example an annual ticket cost of £217.50 will equal to £21.70 per month.
- The direct debit payment will be taken on the 15th of each month
- Your ticket will commence on the 25th of the same month and expire midnight on the 24th of the following month. This will run continually each month until the last payment being June 15th.
- Your ticket will be sent directly to your home each month
- Child/Student’s name will be detailed on the back of the ticket
- Your last ticket will be valid from 25 June to 24 July 2016 as long as all payments have been made up to 15th June.
- Your payment will remain the same each month
- This scheme is valid for Arriva the Shires network operating in Herts, Beds and Bucks
- 2016-17 academic ticket will need to be applied for by 10 August 2016 for the following year. You will need to re-apply, please check the website for updated details
- If your direct debit fails or is cancelled you will not receive your ticket for the following month
- Please report lost tickets to [email protected] immediately, a replacement ticket will be sent to you and a fee of £25 will be added to your next direct debit
Special note for Hertfordshire Students
Hertfordshire students in receipt of a Hertfordshire County Council Saver Card are able to purchase a child ticket upto the age of 18 and in full-time education. Saver Cards are issued and purchased from Hertfordshire County Council. You will be asked to produce your Saver Card with your ticket each journey; failure to do so will result in full adult fare being applied.
Our ticket zones
Child and Student Education Saver ticket prices
Arriva Bus App
The Arriva Bus App gives access to all you need to know when you're out and about on the buses - Live Map, Trip Planner, timetables and much more!
Don't leave home without it.
Need more help?
Please contact our customer services team on 0344 800 4411 (Monday to Friday 0800 - 1800) or email [email protected]