Catch the Bus Week Arriva Summer Day Out: terms and conditions
To celebrate Catch the Bus Week 2018 Arriva are running a competition in partnership with Merlin Entertainments asking people to nominate groups who they think deserve to win a summer day out to a Merlin Attraction in each of our regions with us taking them there and bringing them back on an Arriva Bus.
- The Promoter: Arriva plc, Admiral Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XP UK ("Arriva").
- The Competition is only open to residents who reside in England and Wales except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the promotion.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary although access to the internet is required.
- To enter: Entrants must nominate themselves or nominate another group via the online form at: www.arrivabus.co.uk/ctbwdayout and provide an explanation why they or the group they nominated should be shortlisted into the final groups.
- Groups nominated must be located within the following Arriva regions:
Arriva North East Arriva Yorkshire Arriva North West Arriva Buses Wales Arriva in Herts and Essex Arriva in Kent and Surrey
- Groups not located with the Arriva regions listed in clause 5 will not be counted.
- All nominations must be submitted between 00:01AM on 25th June 2018 and 23:59PM on 13th July 2018 and nominations received outside of this timeframe will not be valid.
- Any nominations submitted which may be found offensive will be disqualified.
- Nominations will be judged through the following 2 stage process:
A panel of four judges (1 member of the Arriva Central Marketing Team, 1 member of the Arriva Regional Marketing Teams, 1 member of Arriva’s PR agency (Smoking Gun PR) plus an independent individual) will select a maximum of 3 groups each from the following Arriva regions: Arriva Southern Counties, Arriva North East and Yorkshire and Arriva North West and Wales from all the valid entries on the basis on the following criteria: a) the impact of the group/individual in their community b) the extent to which the story will inspire others to get involve with their community. The criteria will be weighted as follows:
- The impact of the group in their community 40%
- The extent to which the story will inspire others to get involved with their community 60%
The decisions of the judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
The Promoter will release the names of the shortlisted groups from each area on 23rd July and the public will then be able to vote for the winner of the shortlisted groups by visiting www.arrivabus.co.uk/ctbwdayout_asc, www.arrivabus.co.uk/ctbwdayout_ney or www.arrivabus.co.uk/ctbwdayout_nww and selecting and submitting the group they believe should win in their region between 00:01 AM on the 23rd July 2018 and 23:59PM on the 29th July 2018 (the “Voting Period”).
- The group with the most votes in each region will be the winner.
- The winning groups will receive a day out to the below attractions courtesy of Arriva and Merlin Entertainments:
- Arriva North East and Yorkshire – Scarborough SeaLife Centre
- Arriva North West and Wales - Blackpool Tower/Blackpool Sea Life
- Arriva Southern Counties – Chessington World of Adventures
- The prize will be available throughout August 2018 only on weekdays, and must be agreed by Arriva. Winning participants will be contacted directly by Smoking Gun PR. The prize can be claimed for a maximum of 40 attendees (this will include any adults who must attend to accompany children).
- There will be one collection point for all attendees per attraction, to be arranged directly with the winning group.
- The shortlisted groups from each region will be notified during week commencing 16th July 2018 by Smoking Gun PR.
- The overall winners will be announced on 3rd August 2018 publically on social media and via the website.
- The promoter will make three (3) attempts to contact both the shortlisted and winning groups; if the shortlisted or winning groups do not respond within five (5) working days then the shortlisted or winning groups’ prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner or shortlist another group in accordance with the process described above.
- Winners will be subject to any terms and conditions imposed by Merlin Entertainments and/or any related third parties in respect of the prize and it is the responsibility of the winner to familiarise themselves with such terms and conditions which can be found here:
- Chessington World of Adventures: https://www.chessington.com/misc/terms-and-conditions.aspx#regulations
- Blackpool Tower: https://www.theblackpooltower.com/information/regulations/
- Blackpool Sea Life Centre: https://www.visitsealife.com/blackpool/terms-and-conditions/
- Scarborough Sea Life Centre: https://www.visitsealife.com/scarborough/terms-and-conditions/
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Arriva accepts no responsibility for claims not successfully completed or disruption to promotion participation due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, handset technical fault or malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind for any reason.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
- The winner's names and counties can be obtained by sending an email to [email protected] within thirty five (35) of days after the Closing Date.
- The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one (1) month after the Closing Date of the competition to request details of the judges and whom encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out in condition one (1).
- Winners may also be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions by nominating a group and/or voting for the winner. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Nomination and voting instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The promotion will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- If the Promoter reasonably believes that any entry action is being made unlawfully or illegally, they may reject or cancel any entry and you agree that you will have no claim against the Promoter in respect of any rejection or cancellation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to take any further action it deems appropriate in such instances.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants it regards as being in breach of these conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, amend, terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time.