Maximum £1 single fare... anywhere
The Teen Card is a must for all young people living in the North East. It allows reduced price travel on almost all Arriva North East services at off-peak times and during most non-school days.
- Available for any young person up to the age of 18 (inclusive).
- Teen Cards can be used up until the day before the passenger's 19th birthday.
- Valid on Arriva services starting/finishing in the North East area, except for X93 services (between Guisborough and Whitby), Dalesbus, Moorsbus and Whitby Park and Ride services.
- Valid after 6pm on Monday to Friday and at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- You will also be able to use your card after 9am during most school holidays.
- Teen Card holders are only charged at half the adult fare or £1, whichever is lower.
Applying for a Teen Card
- Enclose two identical passport size photographs of yourself and proof of your date of birth (this will normally be a photocopy of your birth certificate or passport ID page)
- Please write your full address on the application
- You must enclose a stamped addressed envelope
**If any of the above are not included or the application form has not been completed, it is not Arriva's responsibility to contact you for further information to complete your application.
If you live anywhere in our North East region, please send your application to:
Arriva Teen Card
Arriva North East
1 Admiral Way
Doxford International Business Park
Your Arriva Teen Card will then be posted to you and will normally land on your doorstep within 2 to 4 weeks.
What to do if your card has been lost or stolen
- Unfortunately, you will have to pay £5 if you lose your card and need a replacement.
- Just download a new Teen Card leaflet, fill in the application form and include some new photos. If possible, please quote the reference number of your original card.
Terms & Conditions
- ArrivaTeen Cards are available for use by any person from the age of 5 years to the day before their 19th birthday
- They may be used after 1800 on Mondays to Fridays, at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays and after 0900 during most school holiday periods
- They are valid on ARRIVA buses operating in the North East, except for x93 (between Guisborough and Whitby), Dalesbus, Moorsbus and Whitby Park and Ride. Arriva Teen Cards may NOT be used on vehicles operated by any other company (except where that operator has made special arrangements for them to be accepted) or on certain special services operated from time to time under local authority contract conditions.
- Arriva Teen Card holders are charged half the adult single fare subject to a specified maximum single fare (currently £1). There are NO Teen Card return fares
- To qualify for the Arriva Teen Card travel rate, the valid Teen Card must be presented to the driver as you board the bus on each journey and must be shown to any Company official at any time when requested.
- Arriva Teen Cards must carry a recognisable passport size photograph of the person to whom it was issued and they are not transferable between persons
- Damaged or worn Teen Cards will be replaced free of charge but only if they are surrendered and new photographs supplied.
- Please note that a £5 fee will be charged for any replacement cards if the original is not returned.
- Arriva reserves the right to refuse to issue an Arriva Teen Card or to replace any card which may be withdrawn following misuse (or alleged misuse) or which is (or is claimed to be) lost and also reserves the right to alter the conditions of issue or use should it be considered necessary for any reason.
Plan my journey
Find my bus
School bus tickets
Take a look at our great value child tickets for the north east.